Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Spain,

I broke the shaft propeller of my SUZUKI BOULEVARD M50 VZ800 2007 with only 35.000Km. I don't do crazy driving. I bought it second hand two years ago with only 15.000Km. The whole thing at the mechanics cost me 900€ . The screw that goes to the yoke was broken so he had to replace the shaft. He had to dismount almost the whole rear of the motorcycle in order to access the yoke to put the shaft back because the yoke went down when he took it off.

My mechanic said is the second motorcycle with that problem that he has. The other guy did a complain to Suzuki but they didn't want to assume responsibilities. He also said that Suzuki have stock of these pieces in their warehouse in Spain which is very unusual for this model of motorcycle.

Anyone else here with that model and the same problem ?

2007 Suzuki VZ800 Propeller Shaft - Final Drive Gear | Babbitts Suzuki Parts House

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard reports of the final drive pinion failing due to rust from water ingress through the seal....several on here had the problem....although this was a few years ago now.
Thank you. Yesterday I saw on YouTube a guy that says that the gears on the final drive gear come from the factory only with a bit of oil. It's highly recommended for the maintenance of the drive gear of these motorcycles to use LITHIUM GREASE and don't wait too long. I don't understand why Suzuki do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts