Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Squirrel Target
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope no one gets upset with me asking, but does anyone know why the BurgmanUSA site is down since Fri. June 3. I also belong to an astronomy site and they had to change software, and I was wondering if this affects all sites using this software.

Thanks in advance for any information
Jim

Copy of explination on the astronomy forum

Greetings All;

As you probably can see, I have changed our software from PhpBB to SMF, or Simple Machines Forum. My reason was due to the constant updating that the old software required to plug up vulnerability holes, nearly every month. Our Webhost no longer supports PhpBB, and required us to make the updates or would take the entire website offline until we did. We are not the only one's that were effected by this, and many, many others have switched to SMF.

It appears nice at first glance! I hope the learning curve does not present any problems to our members.

Thanks,

Brian Sherrod

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apparently, Bryan's service 'crashed' because of what they called 'abuse'. My guess is that things got too busy for their server. Bryan is working on a solution as we speak (type). Uhm. Right? Bryan?

Gear up!

·
Squirrel Target
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I recieved several e-mails yesterday that said basically the same thing.
Thanks for the reply.

Too much of a good thing, I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts