Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been saving religiously for an S50 and was well on my way to get one for next riding season. Monday i turn on the big screen tv (3 years old) and all i get is a loud sreaching noise out of it and no picture. I use a pc as a tv in the bedroom (wintv2000) and by wens the monitor starts flashing a green color when ever it wants. Then the answering machine on the phone quits working. i go out to start the car today (it's been sitting awhile because I ride my bike) and rrooaarrr the exhaust goes south. this pc i use for the internet has suddenly decided to crash or freeze the mouse when ever it wants. My bike fund just took a serious beating and I am so glad this week is over!!

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Several of those things are cheap fixes. Don't go flinging money around just yet.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm figuring close to a grand. This has just been an unbelievable week. Think I'll hide under the bed today.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Hey for the stuff in the home, sounds like a power surge. You may be able to claim it on your home owners (assuming you have home owners) insurance.

As for the car exhaust...well.....

·
May 2007 Member of the month
7,992 Posts
If you have a bike,,then you can ride to the library to use their computer,,if you have a bike then you can ride over to anywhere and kill time,,if you have a bike then you can meet a girl and then ride over to her house and watch tv,,,,wait,,,what the h*ll am I saying......disregard that last comment about the girl,,,don't take my advice on that one,,trust me.......

·
Registered
253 Posts
dude scratch the tv, once you get the bike your not gonna wanna go home and if u buy the bike theres your transportation, if it rains buy rain gear or a bubble. or i guess just fix them all and wait another couple years. just some suggestions

·
I took the All Bran Challenge
7,753 Posts
Thats rigt with a Suzki who needs TV,PC, Girl friend, answer machine.
Get a C50 and you can handle the girl friend just don't listen to stp.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I say fudge it, man. Get the Suzuki M50 and the Zuke gods will smile upon you. All the planets will align and there will be universal harmony. Then, everything will fall in place and you'll have your other stuff before you know it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Scott58 said:
i've been saving religiously for an S50 and was well on my way to get one for next riding season. Monday i turn on the big screen tv (3 years old) and all i get is a loud sreaching noise out of it and no picture. I use a pc as a tv in the bedroom (wintv2000) and by wens the monitor starts flashing a green color when ever it wants. Then the answering machine on the phone quits working. i go out to start the car today (it's been sitting awhile because I ride my bike) and rrooaarrr the exhaust goes south. this pc i use for the internet has suddenly decided to crash or freeze the mouse when ever it wants. My bike fund just took a serious beating and I am so glad this week is over!!
.... the bike will be more fun then the tv .... as for the exhaust, JB-weld is pretty cheap :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Patch the exhaust ($10), get second hand TV ($50), buy a cheap PC ($300), get a used bike and RIDE (priceless).

·
Registered
878 Posts
No need to justify all my hard work.......Just understand that I busted my *** for all I have.

Work hard and play harder isnt that the American way?

9 bikes all earned with Blood, Sweat & Tears.

When a septic goes bad you have no choice but to fix it.

When a bike breaks you can take your time for the most part if funds are low.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not sure if you will be happy with an S50. It seems fast enough, but cruising at 70 on the freeway is not adequate for most people I guess. I suppose you have to have that ton of reserve power or you’re a second class citizen. You need at least something with 1000cc to get respect in the biker world. 1100 seems to be the next level. Like you I suppose I bought what I could afford and actually what I liked, but don't expect the biker community to do more than pat you on the head and call your S50 a cute little toy. Secondly the "looks" thing is very important. I like sparse and simple, but you will find that the biker community expects bike loud and swoopy. Big front tire, big swoopy fenders and big fat gas tank. The more Harley looking the better. Like a lot of "clubs" if you want to "fit in" you need to do what they are doing and have what they have. Well the S50 "club" is a small one and you had better expect to ride alone often because you don't quite meet the standards of a "real" motorcycle.
Believe it or not I am extremely happy with my S50, just don't think you will be looked at by the majority of bikers with anything more than, "that poor guy can't handle a real motorcycle!"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts