Motorcycle Forum banner

buying a suzuki is going to be difficult.

2K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  skullman91 
#1 ·
i've been saving religiously for an S50 and was well on my way to get one for next riding season. Monday i turn on the big screen tv (3 years old) and all i get is a loud sreaching noise out of it and no picture. I use a pc as a tv in the bedroom (wintv2000) and by wens the monitor starts flashing a green color when ever it wants. Then the answering machine on the phone quits working. i go out to start the car today (it's been sitting awhile because I ride my bike) and rrooaarrr the exhaust goes south. this pc i use for the internet has suddenly decided to crash or freeze the mouse when ever it wants. My bike fund just took a serious beating and I am so glad this week is over!!

#4 ·
Several of those things are cheap fixes. Don't go flinging money around just yet.

#7 ·
If you have a bike,,then you can ride to the library to use their computer,,if you have a bike then you can ride over to anywhere and kill time,,if you have a bike then you can meet a girl and then ride over to her house and watch tv,,,,wait,,,what the h*ll am I saying......disregard that last comment about the girl,,,don't take my advice on that one,,trust me.......

#8 ·
dude scratch the tv, once you get the bike your not gonna wanna go home and if u buy the bike theres your transportation, if it rains buy rain gear or a bubble. or i guess just fix them all and wait another couple years. just some suggestions

#14 ·
Scott58 said:
i've been saving religiously for an S50 and was well on my way to get one for next riding season. Monday i turn on the big screen tv (3 years old) and all i get is a loud sreaching noise out of it and no picture. I use a pc as a tv in the bedroom (wintv2000) and by wens the monitor starts flashing a green color when ever it wants. Then the answering machine on the phone quits working. i go out to start the car today (it's been sitting awhile because I ride my bike) and rrooaarrr the exhaust goes south. this pc i use for the internet has suddenly decided to crash or freeze the mouse when ever it wants. My bike fund just took a serious beating and I am so glad this week is over!!
.... the bike will be more fun then the tv .... as for the exhaust, JB-weld is pretty cheap :)

#15 ·
Patch the exhaust ($10), get second hand TV ($50), buy a cheap PC ($300), get a used bike and RIDE (priceless).

#18 ·
No need to justify all my hard work.......Just understand that I busted my *** for all I have.

Work hard and play harder isnt that the American way?

9 bikes all earned with Blood, Sweat & Tears.

When a septic goes bad you have no choice but to fix it.

When a bike breaks you can take your time for the most part if funds are low.

#20 ·
Not sure if you will be happy with an S50. It seems fast enough, but cruising at 70 on the freeway is not adequate for most people I guess. I suppose you have to have that ton of reserve power or you’re a second class citizen. You need at least something with 1000cc to get respect in the biker world. 1100 seems to be the next level. Like you I suppose I bought what I could afford and actually what I liked, but don't expect the biker community to do more than pat you on the head and call your S50 a cute little toy. Secondly the "looks" thing is very important. I like sparse and simple, but you will find that the biker community expects bike loud and swoopy. Big front tire, big swoopy fenders and big fat gas tank. The more Harley looking the better. Like a lot of "clubs" if you want to "fit in" you need to do what they are doing and have what they have. Well the S50 "club" is a small one and you had better expect to ride alone often because you don't quite meet the standards of a "real" motorcycle.
Believe it or not I am extremely happy with my S50, just don't think you will be looked at by the majority of bikers with anything more than, "that poor guy can't handle a real motorcycle!"

#22 ·
LOL yeah riding alone is not new and there is nothing I like better then to pull into the middle of a pack of harleys at the RootBeer stand on my Rebel. I've only had a few bad comments, but when i remind them how much they must like foreign oil dependancy it shuts them up pretty quick. People suck sometimes. Who cares what you ride as long as you ride.

#24 · (Edited)
About the Intruder 800 / S50 excepted from this story http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roadtests/800comparo/:
Few big V-twin cruisers can hang with it. In fact, in our last big twin comparison, of the 10 bikes tested, only the Suzuki Intruder 1400 out-sprinted the Intruder 800 through the quarter-mile, and then only by three hundredths of a second and one mph.

Don't feel that the S50 is by any means slow or less powerful. Quite the opposite is the case. ;)

Maybe I'm just lucky, I have never heard any deragatory comments about my bike from anybody.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.