Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After these past months of getting blasted by cold Colorado air, I’m ready to get a windshield on. I’ve looked at Memphis shades bat wings and they look sweet but are a bit big for the c50 in my opinion. Has anyone mounted a bullet fairing to it? And if so what parts were required? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,412 Posts
I fought that fight.......for about 30 years......on maybe 10 different bikes (mostly standards and cruisers) and spent a CRAP load of money on all different styles of shields until I got an MS batwing.
It is a bit pricey but a LOT less than all of that other money I wasted.

Bullet fairings are not intended for cruisers and I think you will be disappointed.

Regardless of what you get, air will still flow freely BELOW the shield but the batwing did a fair job of deflecting some of that air farther down too.

In my experience, you can have a shield that looks sleek.......OR one that works good......but you can't have both.
Good luck !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Th
I fought that fight.......for about 30 years......on maybe 10 different bikes (mostly standards and cruisers) and spent a CRAP load of money on all different styles of shields until I got an MS batwing.
It is a bit pricey but a LOT less than all of that other money I wasted.

Bullet fairings are not intended for cruisers and I think you will be disappointed.

Regardless of what you get, air will still flow freely BELOW the shield but the batwing did a fair job of deflecting some of that air farther down too.

In my experience, you can have a shield that looks sleek.......OR one that works good......but you can't have both.
Good luck !!
Thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
After these past months of getting blasted by cold Colorado air, I’m ready to get a windshield on. I’ve looked at Memphis shades bat wings and they look sweet but are a bit big for the c50 in my opinion. Has anyone mounted a bullet fairing to it? And if so what parts were required? Thanks!
I took my stock C50T (2005) windshield off and put a MS batwing fairing on. I like it. BTW the C50T windshield is available for free. All parts and bolts and nuts included. Just pay shipping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took my stock C50T (2005) windshield off and put a MS batwing fairing on. I like it. BTW the C50T windshield is available for free. All parts and bolts and nuts included. Just pay shipping.
I got ya! Do you have a part list for what you bought specifically to get that MS fairing on? I can’t seem to figure out what to buy that’ll fit my 09’ c50

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a bullet on my M50. I also felt that the Batwing was just too big for the 50. It gave the bike a front heavy look. As far as being effective, it's just ok. I used the shield from a Honda and Memphis quick release mounts. The biggest issue was changing the standard headlight for a 7 inch one. When I called Memphis Shades and they found out that I was gonna put it on a bike they didn't have listed. They were of no help what so ever. I have pictures posted under my name StanO under the topic
Bullet Fairing on M50?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts