Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented out a Suzuki C50 through rideshare today and really liked the built-in gear indicator. Wanted to know from which year model did Suzuki start putting these gear indicators in C50? It will help narrow down my search for used bikes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome.
How much riding experience do you have ?
Most folks find that they don't need the gear indicator after a few months.
Not much. Just took the BRC course and got my endorsement. I would like to have some sort of visual cue on which gear I am instead of "feeling" it based on the engine noise/vibration. I have been in situations where I was trying to upshift beyond 5 or not very sure if I was in 1 or 2. Just one less thing to worry when there is a lot going on. Agree in a matter of few months this may feel trivial.

·
Super Moderator
12,214 Posts
. I have been in situations where I was trying to upshift beyond 5 or not very sure if I was in 1 or 2. Just one less thing to worry when there is a lot going on. Agree in a matter of few months this may feel trivial.
After YEARS of riding, you probably will still try to find a 6th gear sometimes !! ;)

The rest will come to you, fairly quickly I hope.

Glancing down to look at a gear indicator can actually be a distraction when you should be paying attention to the "road".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts