Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally asked this question in the "Mechanics Corner", and had no responses.

How do you adjust the rear shock on an 05 C50?
Does the seat need to come off? or just the side cover and tool box?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
The seat stays in place, remove the left side cover and the tool box, use the provided adjusted tool, 1 is softest and 7 is stiffest.

Oh, and one more thing, wear gloves just in case you slip and crack your knuckles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adjusted!

Must have been adjusted via the previous owner, it was set to 4.
I bumped it up to 5 and may go to 6 this weekend.

Don't know if it is physcological or not, but it seems to handle the corners a lot better on the back country roads here in the mountians and espcially during slow "U Truns" in the driveway. My wife has also noticed an improvement while riding with me. Overall I am very happy with the adjustment.

:bluethum:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bumped up to 6. A very noticable improvement all the way around.

I am 6'1", 225lbs, The wife is 5'0" 95lbs.
Even riding "Solo", the bike is more responsive and controllable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The seat stays in place, remove the left side cover and the tool box, use the provided adjusted tool, 1 is softest and 7 is stiffest.

Oh, and one more thing, wear gloves just in case you slip and crack your knuckles.
Cool. I got a '06 C50 a couple months back and was wondering about the shock adjustment too. Thanks! :bluethum:

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you adjust the to a lower number does that also lower the seat? I can't touch flat footed and I would like to. I would feel more comfortable if I could touch better.

·
Super Moderator
12,206 Posts
When you adjust the to a lower number does that also lower the seat? I can't touch flat footed and I would like to. I would feel more comfortable if I could touch better.
Only a tiny bit. Try it and see.
If you are not a heavy person, it should be on a lower number anyway.

There probably are some old threads on here about lowering a C50.
If you can't find any, start a new one.
Often the easiest, cheapest and least invasive is to take the seat to an upholstery shop and have the padding shaved a little bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts