Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,232 Posts
This is just a guess, mind you.................
I would think that all 3 brakes would be "linked" for best operation and that might mean that there is only ONE reservoir for ALL of them.
Maybe. Maybe not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is just a guess, mind you.................
I would think that all 3 brakes would be "linked" for best operation and that might mean that there is only ONE reservoir for ALL of them.
Maybe. Maybe not.
so i found it,, believe me there are people out there that are VERY helpfull. mind you this is 05 and the shop that originally sold it is in VA.. out of business now but the owner same number answered it,,,, under the seat

·
Super Moderator
13,232 Posts
SO......does that really mean that the "front" brake lever really activates ONLY the front brake ?
And the foot brake pedal activates ONLY the rear wheel brakes ??

If so, those converting from 2 wheels REALLY need to practice emergency braking......a LOT.
Because you NEED the brakes on all 3 wheels to stop that beast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SO......does that really mean that the "front" brake lever really activates ONLY the front brake ?
And the foot brake pedal activates ONLY the rear wheel brakes ??

If so, those converting from 2 wheels REALLY need to practice emergency braking......a LOT.
Because you NEED the brakes on all 3 wheels to stop that beast.
yes front are separate from the rear at least on mine. the spyder i owned was all 3 off the foot pedal but also didn't have a hand brake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts