Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new c50, (love it) I put 350 miles on it and I can hear valve noise. Is this normal? will it continue after I get them adjusted? Someone tell me there is nothing to worry about. I am following all the break in rules so what the hell man. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guy's and girls

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, good to hear. Thanks. so I do plan on getting pipes. Any suggestions, and I hear bad things about the cobra's so they are not an option.
Also if I get new pipes, do I have to do anything else to the bike? or can I just bolt them on and go?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Cobras are what they are. Cheap pipes. There flimsey, bolt together with automobile hose clamps and there small looking on such a big bike. There is a bunch of good informaiton in the C50 Forum section of this site. I have the HArd Krome Kickers and I love them. There are also some guys that really like the Vance and Hines pipes. And after changing pipes you will probably have to have some kind of fuel management processor to adjust for the extra air flow. I have the Cobra FI2000 others here are using the Techlusion and the Power Commander. Everyone seems to be having good results. I like the HK pipes becasue they look big, and that fits with the look of the bike. Plus there are no seams, there single piece pipes with no header pipe and no clamp on muffler. I think there the only ones making pipes like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, good to hear. Thanks. so I do plan on getting pipes. Any suggestions, and I hear bad things about the cobra's so they are not an option.
Also if I get new pipes, do I have to do anything else to the bike? or can I just bolt them on and go?
I put slash/cut Vance & Hines on mine. They are pricey, but well worth it.......you won't be sorry. The heat shields alone are worth the extra expense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts