Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of trading up to the C90 and am wondering about the seat and how comfortable it is (or isn't ) Any feed back would be appreciated .

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went from the C50 (which had a rough seat) to the C90T. I found the C90 seat much more comfortable than the C50. I do not know about comparing to yours.
I have recently purchased a gel seat from Oneida and that is a wonderful seat (IMHO).
The C90 is a geat bike. You will be pleased. If the 3.7 gallon gas tank is an issue,there is a fix, however I find that every 130 milesI like to smell the roses anyway.
Good luck, good choice, ride safe.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I find the 90 seat comfortable. I added a backrest, risers and a g-tank for those longer rides. I rode non stop yesterday for 200 mi. and felt fine.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you be joining the ranks of the C90 owners in the next few days. I'm hoping for more forum members to participate in the Big Barn. Over on the M50 forum there has been a lot of interesting posting going on for quite a while now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Greetings Griz1. I am in Colorado now but lived my first 39 years in Wayne N.J. I sure do miss the shore and good pizza. I love my C90T black (because black is faster).

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope to be joining the ranks of the C90 owners in the next few days. I'm hoping for more forum members to participate in the Big Barn. Over on the M50 forum there has been a lot of interesting posting going on for quite a while now.
This was supposed to have been an edit from my previous post but dummy here hit quote instead of edit !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh and to answer your seat question. IMHO the stock seat sux! I replaced it with the studded gel seat and can ride forever....well until the gas runs out and thats not too long. lol But thats only my opinion and your ass may vary. :eek:oops:

·
Registered
391 Posts
New here

Hmmm just noticed this forum....Im a C90 guy! Hello .
I just realized this forum was here as well :shock:. Thought "The Boulevard' covered the C50/C90/etc. Noted there was not a lot on there specific to C90's.

So... what is the "Big Bike Barn" supposed to cover? 1400 CC and up?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think its 800 and up? But I'm not sure.

Anyway I just got back from a nice 200 mile ride to nowhere. lol It hit 65 today and after 7 days of rain and temps not higher than 48ish I was itchin for a ride.

had a great time and the bike ran like a charm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
seat pad

I have a C90T and thought I would try a seat pad before buying a more expensive seat. I got the Airhawk by Roho and like it a lot. Do a search and read about it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Having a mustang seat many a time my butt will not handle anything but, Tried the stock seat but I was always sitting on the back of the seat where it curves foward and down always pushing me foward. My tail bone said forget about it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I just got the Mustang with riders backrest. Wish I'd bought it while the Canadian dollar was on par but what the heck , it's only money! It sure looks like it is going to be comfy .I'm looking forward to installing it and trying it out but its going to be a couple more months yet due to our weather here in Ontario

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, I just got the Mustang with riders backrest. Wish I'd bought it while the Canadian dollar was on par but what the heck , it's only money! It sure looks like it is going to be comfy .I'm looking forward to installing it and trying it out but its going to be a couple more months yet due to our weather here in Ontario
Well you can always break in the seat in your garage lay back on that backrest and go Vrooom Vroom. LOL. you are going to love that seat.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well you can always break in the seat in your garage lay back on that backrest and go Vrooom Vroom. LOL. you are going to love that seat.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Its going to be great. One concern I had before deciding on the Mustang was that I'd heard it brings you forward a bit and at 6'1" I thought it may be an issue but then I reasoned that I have highway pegs plus this will make it a bit easier on my shoulders which are a bit dodgy! The quality looks really top class as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Its going to be great. One concern I had before deciding on the Mustang was that I'd heard it brings you forward a bit and at 6'1" I thought it may be an issue but then I reasoned that I have highway pegs plus this will make it a bit easier on my shoulders which are a bit dodgy! The quality looks really top class as well.

At 6' 2" I have no problems at all, put my feet up on the pegs, lay back and ride.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Had a C50 and thought that I would need surgery after a 400 mi day on the stock seat.

Planned to get a C90T and sat on the stock seat. It was far roomier than the C50, but padding seemed the same. When I ordered the C90T, I got the Mustang Wide Touring seat with the backrest. It did push me forward a bit, but after a repeat of the same 400 mi ride, my only complaint was about one of the other rider's riding skills....

:p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts