Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought the bike used recently and it only had a single key. A local locksmith said the cap looks like a Honda aftermarket part but I’m having a heck of a time finding the part number.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Maybe ask who ever you bought it from? Failing that why do you need to know....other than getting an extra key for it....which a locksmith should be able to duplicate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe ask who ever you bought it from? Failing that why do you need to know....other than getting an extra key for it....which a locksmith should be able to duplicate
The guy I bought it from was the second owner and it was like that when he got it. Tried the locksmith route today and the key he made didn’t work. I’m bringing the bike to the locksmith tomorrow to see what he can do. I’m just curious what the part number is.

·
Super Moderator
13,783 Posts
You may need to find a locksmith that is experienced with motorcycles.
Not all of them are.

AND.....if it is a common Harley modification, a dealer might be able to help identify it, even if it is not a real Harley part.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
So just to clarify the issue ...are you not able to remove the cap because there is no key? I guess the last resort would be to drill the lock out but then that would destroy the cap. Are those real socket cap screws around the edge and if so what happens if you undo them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts