Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am looking to get my first bike and was looking for a vulcan 900 but i habe found a steal of a deal on a vulcan 1600 classic im 6’2” just over 350lbs i have 3 years exp on a 49cc drove it a few thousand miles was my primary vehicle for that time i plan on taking the msf rider course but wanted some weighing in on whether i could handle itthank u as well as feedback on the bike itself

·
Super Moderator
12,342 Posts
Maybe. Probably given your size.

I am somewhat prejudiced in that I think the Vulcan 900 might be the best overall bike ever built.

Do a test ride on both and see which one feels the best.......to YOU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At your size the question is, can it handle you? I'm 6'3" and about 350 lbs. and I did not want a bike that was too small for me. I hadn't ridden in 25 years before I bought a Suzuki Boulevard 109 (1800cc) this year. I was concerned it would be too big. I was looking at some 1300cc bikes. I am so glad I got the bigger bike. I started out slow on the corners and I've never had the feeling that I couldn't handle it. If I remember correctly, the Vulcans are fairly similar in style. I don't see why you couldn't handle the bigger bike. Just know the cornering is going to be a little slower/wider than the scooter, but the concept of riding is all the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm 5'10" and 220 lbs. with a 33" inseam. My '08 Vulcan 900 Classic LT was a perfect fit. You might find the 900 a tad too small. The 1600 will give you more at highway speeds. I think it may be a better "fit" for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts