Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I aquired a 79 Suzuki GS750E- The problem is the carbs. The original ones are trash, I found a new set on ebay, cleanded and rebuilt them. I can not seem to adjust them correctly. The needle valve on the top side of the carbs acording to the repair manuel is 2 turns out. I can not find a setting for the needle valves under the carbs. All the books I've read say "factory adjusted" and no settings are given. The motor starts, idle is good, but around 4 grand it loses power and runs like crap. Sounds like a high speed air/fuel adjustment but I cant figure it out. I have tried many different settings meaning 1 turn out, 1-1/4 turne out etc. Looks like all the carb ports are clear I checked them with air and/or fine wire. he float levels are within range. Any have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, sorry I don't have a solution for you here but I have the same problem on my 1981 Suzuki GS750E and Im thinking of fitting in a Mikuni RS38-D19-K. Have you heard of it?? How did You fix your problem ( If You did )?

·
Super Moderator
12,689 Posts
The last post in this thread was NINE YEARS ago.
I think it is not likely that you will get a reply from the original participants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts