Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Suzuki store in Lafayette, IN is closed and I have everything in storage and need to get rid of everything: parts, accessories, helmets, special tools, tire changers, all service manuals, apparel, everything. If you know anyone looking to open a store and want to pick up my inventory, at drastically reduced prices, you will never get another opportunity like this. Everything has been inventoried except the tools, lifts, chemicals, and plastic. We also have a fair amount of Honda and Yamaha parts. I'm looking for a single buyer. This would be a great opportunity for someone who likes to sell on ebay, you could do very well. I do not have the time or the ability or desire to piece the stuff out: I just want to get rid of it. This is no joke or scam. All the bikes were sent back to Suzuki, except a few used units which I will be keeping, except for an '05 Burgman, a DRZ400, three go-carts, (3) ATV Reese hitch carriers.

If you, or someone you know is interested I can be e-mailed at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Sounds like a great deal for the right person.

I'm curious though. In no way do I mean to be rude or disrespectful. I was just wondering why, as a Suzuki shop owner, you were never a member on here until last month? I guess I figured if I was an owner I'd be on the most active sites and tracking trends and such. But then again, you have your own business and that alone I'm sure takes up all of your time. For all I know, that would be in my plans but then I'd find out I didn't have time. Just wondering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not a biker, at all. I started the shop as an investment, and only intended to keep the business for five years then sell it to my son-in-law. I have a commercial refrigeration business that keeps me very busy. The shop did very well, but a large local car dealer decided to go into the bike business and built a very large modern store across the highway and hurt us terribly. He went out of business but we (my wife and I) weren't in the mood to play catch-up so just closed the doors. There were many things I would do differently if I had it to do over again, but that is life. So, i'm cutting my losses and moving on.

Steve Blackwell

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Cool. That makes sense. Sorry it didn't work out. But because of your professionalism and the fact you tried has earned my respect. Good luck with selling it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just noticed the 1st Cav emblem. I served along side them in Viet Nam 68-69. I spent two years there with the 9th Infantry and 1st Infantry Mecong Delta area and Siagon.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Hey everybody- next time you're at your dealer or mechanic, mention Steve Blackwell's selling of his franchise. You never know. The dealer or mechanic might just be looking for such an opportunity. It only takes a moment. Thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts