Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen tons of these posts but none of them have a definitive answer so I'm going to post my problem here. I recently purchased a used 2007 YZF600R and the clutch lever had become quite a pain to pull, bad enough that it would be almost impossible to let it go slowly it was that hard. So I decided to pull of the cable and clean out some gunk that was behind the cover and reinstalled it, the same way I took it off. But after reinstalling the same cable, the clutch doesn't seem to be working, I can pull the clutch in and it wont start unless it's in neutral. Also, once I put the bike into gear while it's off it doesn't seem like it actually goes into gear, I can move the back back and forth while supposedly in gear.

Now I'm not very savvy with terminology and stuff but I don't see where I could of messed up? I have tried adjusting the cable up top and down below and it just doesn't seem to actually engage. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe my clutch itself needs to be replaced now because the guy said it will eventually need to be replaced but I didn't feel it slipping or anything while riding it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.