Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to Forum, old to riding (47 years of riding and counting).

I have a 1992 GSX1100G and my clutch does not work. It was slipping and finally stopped working at all. I have been reading on how to replace. I have seen three diagrams on line of the clutch. A web site said to purchase the felt plates and not the steel ones. I can’t tell from the diagrams which these are. The part numbers given are 21441-06B01, 5 plates required, 21441-48B00, 5 plates required, and 21451-48B00, 10 plates require. Does anyone know which plates I should order.

This bike has only 10,000 miles on it and was not used for years. When I started it this year the clutch was frozen. To free it I put in Mystery Marvel Oil, ran the engine, than put it in second gear and hit the brake. The clutch became unfrozen. I draine out the Mystery Oil and filled the crankcase with synthetic oil at a mechanics recommendation. Rode 1000 miles and the clutch no longer will engage.

I live in a remote area without a local shop. Can someone help?

Thanks, adkron

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm not a mechanic so I'm not sure what could be your problem, but I would recommend moving this to the mechanics corner further down the page. Maybe more people will see it. Also, make sure it really is the proper oil. If it is "energy conserving" oil, it will have moly in it and you clutch could slip. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks, I will move the post.

I used Mobil 1, I don't see "energy conserving" on the label but it could be the problem.

Thanks again,

adkron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts