Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to install a Back Off brake light flasher on my 2006 C90T. I have the Clymer book but it does not have a wiring diagram. I do not have a service manual (probably my next purchase). Can someone advise me what color the wiring is to the brake lights? Has anyone installed one of these on their bike and if so, any advice as to the best location to mount the box. I thought under the seat probably. I can use a voltage tester but hope to get a head start and confirm with tester.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
AS I recall the white wire with the black stripe is the power feed from the brake switch to the brake light(tap into this one for the power on the Back-Off)), and the green wire is for the always-on rear running light (do not tap into this one). The black with with white stripe is the common negative (tap into this one for the black/ negative wire on the Back-Off).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AS I recall the white wire with the black stripe is the power feed from the brake switch to the brake light(tap into this one for the power on the Back-Off)), and the green wire is for the always-on rear running light (do not tap into this one). The black with with white stripe is the common negative (tap into this one for the black/ negative wire on the Back-Off).
Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts