Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, right now I ride a cruiser, and like it, but I also like the look of standards/sport bikes. The just look...painful to sit on.

Are there any bikes that have a mostly upright and not scrunched(both upper and lower body) riding position?

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Many. Do you have a multi-brand dealer nearby? Time to go do some sitting.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The B-King is very comfortable, but it is kind of a stretch to get my leg over it. I'm 5'11" and can barely flat foot at a stop light.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
None of the Standards are going to have a low seat height but they are very comfortable. Sport Tourers are great but again the seat height is going to be 31 inches plus.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've really been investigating the Buells for the same reason. I love the way they look, but I am afraid I wont be comfortable on longer stints. I ride MOSTY in town + weekend joyrides. I am planning a few trips but nothing epic. Couple days max.

They are also a stretch for my budget.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've really been investigating the Buells for the same reason. I love the way they look, but I am afraid I wont be comfortable on longer stints. I ride MOSTY in town + weekend joyrides. I am planning a few trips but nothing epic. Couple days max.

They are also a stretch for my budget.
yeah. One buell has a lower seat height.. like 28.5 inches. You know, something reasonable.

WTF is with non-cruisers and their absurd seat heights.

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
yeah. One buell has a lower seat height.. like 28.5 inches. You know, something reasonable.

WTF is with non-cruisers and their absurd seat heights.
Non-cruisers have to worry more about ground clearance and putting the rider in more of a position to better control the bike. If you want a standard, you could have it lowered some. My sister-in-law is short and lowered her bike. She lost a little lean angle but it still has more than a cruiser. One more thing to remember is that the thickness of a bike will effect how you can put your feet down. My SuperHawk seat and Gixxer seat hights are nearly the same, but the seat on the Hawk seems a lot lower because of it being a narrower bike. Maybe you should take a look at something like a Ducati Monster or a Buell.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Non-cruisers have to worry more about ground clearance and putting the rider in more of a position to better control the bike. If you want a standard, you could have it lowered some. My sister-in-law is short and lowered her bike. She lost a little lean angle but it still has more than a cruiser. One more thing to remember is that the thickness of a bike will effect how you can put your feet down. My SuperHawk seat and Gixxer seat hights are nearly the same, but the seat on the Hawk seems a lot lower because of it being a narrower bike. Maybe you should take a look at something like a Ducati Monster or a Buell.
I might look at a Buell. But.. a narrow seat sounds uncomfortable. My marauder has a relatively narrow seat compared to a lot of cruisers, and that makes it far less comfy. I have a big fat ass, and I like me some big fat seats.

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
I might look at a Buell. But.. a narrow seat sounds uncomfortable. My marauder has a relatively narrow seat compared to a lot of cruisers, and that makes it far less comfy. I have a big fat ass, and I like me some big fat seats.
Yes, the seat on the Hawk is a little more narrow. A Corbin seat does wonders though. I do sympathize though. My ass isn't exactly, uh..."narrow" either.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've read many reports that say the Buell Ulysses has one of the most comfortable stock seats you can get.

·
May 2007 Member of the month
7,992 Posts
I have a 2005 DL650 V-Strom for sale in the bike section with A LOT of goodies on it. $5100 with $1800 worth of stuff including a Sargent Cycle Seat. Stadard riding position with a set of highway pegs that let you ride it like a cruiser too.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have a 2005 DL650 V-Strom for sale in the bike section with A LOT of goodies on it. $5100 with $1800 worth of stuff including a Sargent Cycle Seat. Stadard riding position with a set of highway pegs that let you ride it like a cruiser too.
Spam!!!

:ban:

:lol4:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd love to have it, but no cash right now. Concidered trading my M for a V a few times....

but my wife may upgrade to teh M and then I'll have more leverage to justify buying a V.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts