Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
TL;DR
it came a spark and its dead, do i need a new battery or can something els be at fault too ?
------------------------------------------------------------
So i think i *** up, but how bad ?

i got a Suzuki savage 86' i bought some years ago, whenever i took out the battery (for the winter) the connector on the negative side was always "in the way" but i never really gave it any thought, cuz its an old bike

so yesterday when i bought a new battery i just looked for the size and correct voltage etc, the guy at the shop filled the new battery with acid (its a exide one) he also offered to take the old one, and i said yes ofc ...

today when i put the battery in and connected the connectors, it came a spark and everything was dead, and that really threw me off a lot, im no electrician by any means i am as green as green comes, and since i dont have the old one to check if the +/- is swtiched ( is it normal that negative and positive is switched between battery manufactures ? )

and now it makes sens why that connector is in the way, its not supposed to be there, its supposed to be on the other side !

·
Super Moderator
13,232 Posts
TL;DR
it came a spark and its dead, do i need a new battery or can something els be at fault too ?
------------------------------------------------------------
So i think i *** up, but how bad ?
This might not be as bad as you think.
You need to find a shop or a friend who has a meter and can check voltages for you.

IF the new battery was not charged overnight, it might just be DEAD.
Many come that way on purpose.

NOTE: Keep the language clean, please.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts