Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post ! :cool:
Got my brand new C90 Boulevard the other day, and already looking to 'personalise' it !
All my previous bikes (none were cruisers) have had toe shifters only. I'm having trouble keeping my heel out of the way (which might improve with practice), but I'd still feel more at home with only a toe shifter.
Is there a aftermarket toe-only shifter that fits these bikes ?

·
Super Moderator
12,539 Posts
Welcome.

You could cut the back half OFF.

You could also ask the parts guy at your local Zuki dealer......or look around the showroom to see if you can find a match without the back part from a different model.

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,183 Posts
Or check your local bike shop - shifters are something that get broken a lot (when laying the bike down, for example), so there are plenty of after-market products available, in all shapes, sizes and colors. If you can't get to a shop, check an online shop like eBay, Amazon, etc. You should find plenty of options.

·
Super Moderator
12,539 Posts
P.S. Seems like I remember some guys adjusting it, or rotating it one tooth on the shaft, so that the heel part is lower and more out of the way.
Might want to try that before you spend any $$$.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yesterday I test rode a 2007 C50. It has floorboards, and a heel/toe shifter. The position the shifter was in made it easy to shift it using the toe only. I didn't try using my heel. I'd leave it stock, adjust the position if needed, and ride it like a toe shifter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts