Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a hearing condition called hyperacusis and I've been looking for the best earbuds/hearing protection I can get. I avoid going out this time because I am a bit of a paranoid when it comes to getting COVD19. So... I just want to know if anyone here tried buying from this website? They are called Big Ear and they offer home service for molding your ears for custom hearing protection and then they'll mail the product within a few weeks. They also do have instructions for DIY molding where they'll send a molding kit then you'll mold your ears and send back the kit with the molds. Some of their products are really intriguing and of course, I'd love to know if anyone here tried their products yet.

Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
265 Posts
RADIANS Custom Molded Ear Plugs 10 minute fit BLUE Ear Protection NRR 26 | eBay i bought these a couple years ago. the noise from wind was unbearable. they are to good. problem is you can't hear anything it's like being in a vacumn.i drilled a very tiny hole in each one and then it was to loud so i stuck a toothpick in to block some of the sound. now i wear one in my right ear and cotton in my left.it made riding pleasurable.

·
Super Moderator
12,780 Posts
If you have a medical hearing condition, you NEED to be discussing this with a hearing doctor.

AND you need to check the laws about ear plugs in your state.
In many/most places, riding or driving with ear plugs is ILLEGAL because it is dangerous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts