Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called to order a new Mustang seat and the guy said I could get a custom job done professionally for about $180 for the front and back seat with memory foam. I'm going to try it out real soon. That's about half the price of a Mustang. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
387 Posts
welcomes: from pa please let me know how you like the seat . ihave been looking into a new seat or adding memory foam to mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went yesterday to talk to the girl. I am having the front and back repadded. She talked me out of the memory foam which would have been $50 more for the front see (I believe). For $200 I'm getting the front and back redone with a softer foam, building up the back pillion more like what is on the Mustang (for back support) and tribal flames stitched into the front and back. She has the seat. She said it would take a few days to get materials in and that I should have it back within a week (no delivery time since I'm picking it up).

I'm praying for this snow and crappy weather we are having around here right now for about a week . Sorry to the rest of you.:fight1: If I can't ride neither should you. Have some respect!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's done and time to go pick it up. It's supposed to rain for a couple days, but I get it today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
387 Posts
how about a few pics of the seat

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only got to ride it a couple of times 60 and 75 miles. It feels much better, at least I was not sore when I got off after 90 minutes.

I ended up paying about $170 with tax, picked up so no shipping. She forgot to do the flames so I may or may not add them later. That would have been another $40. She added some padding to the rear for a little bit of a back rest and upgraded to a more comfortable foam for the passenger. I'll try to get some pics up today, but without the flames, it mostly looks the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about the secrecy. I just wanted to make sure I liked it before I told all of you to go do it. And I also would like to ask her permission before I'd put a phone number or contact into on her. I'll try to get a hold of her tomorrow. In the mean time...here's a few pics. I think I'm going to get the tribal flames embroidered next.

I'll try to get contact info up tomorrow. Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I don't want the contact info, You just kept referring to he and she, I wasn't sure if you found some company or if it was one of yoru friends or something

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem. It is definately a big improvement. I'm going back to have the flames added tomorrow. I'll get pictures up soon for anyone interested...

Finishing Touches Custom Covering
50960 National Rd
Saint Clairsville, OH 43950
(740) 695-6900

1 - 10 of 10 Posts