Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a question, I have a 2008 nomad and I am replacing the rear cylinder head. I bought a used one from eBay. I haven’t gotten it yet but while reading the service manual it states that the rocker case and cylinder head are machined in place and need to be used together and not to mix up. I spoke to the seller and he says that he always sells them separately and has never had an issue with Mixing them as long as a rear is used with a rear etc because they are all line bored to the same tolerances. I just want to know if this is true or do I need a complete head assembly and not mix my rocker case with the used cylinder head? Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
dont mix parts buy new OEM parts or you will have a basket case & spend more $ every one wants to be cheap with bike repairs take the shortcut & see you on the side of the road tow bill & lost time

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check a parts department on line and see how the parts are sold. If the head and rocker caps are sold together then probably should build together. IF not, then make sure rear is with rear and left is left.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts