Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new to motorcycling and have just purchased a 2005 Yamaha Vstar 650 Classic with a Voyager trike kit.
I love it but it is very hard to steer around curves and turns. I live in western Massachusetts and there are eseentially no straight roads where I live. 1 mile away they refer to part of the road as "the S curves". The research that I have done said this is "normal" with trike kits.
My question is this, can this be helped by adding a rake kit? If so, are there rake kits that people would recommend?
My hands and arms feel like they are going to fall off after riding curves for 30 minutes.

HELP

·
Registered
677 Posts
It's simple...take the trike kit off, and throw it away. HAHA I don't know, really. Don't have much experience with trikes, but I bet somebody here knows. Is that the kit that looks like training wheels??? I know somebody that has that style on an M50. I could ask them, but I doubt they will know anything. Belongs to a lady...and she doesn't ride it at all. But, if I see her soon I'll ask. If nothing else, maybe this will help keep the thread around the top of the board for you! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
when you switch to a trike you lose lean/countersteer( where most of the cornering is on a motorcycle). this is making it harder to corner. not much you can do about it except add more bench press/pushups to your workout routine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts