Motorcycle Forum banner

Let's hear about your drinking

• Total voters
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
We're still thinking up a doozie
2,468 Posts
I drink, yup. Am I an alcoholic? No.

Do I drink and drive? I have, but never in an incapicitated state. Beer is usually what I drink, and I rarely drink over 1 and 1/2 when I'm away from my house. I never drink hard stuff and drive. There's always a DD about if that's my choice. Or we walk.

When I learn to ride, there of course will never be alcohol involved.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I plan on having a drink, I plan on having no bike or car. Like others on here I have too much to lose by trying to convince myself that 1 drink won't change anything. God forbid something did happen after drinking only 1 beer, then I'd be telling myself, "If I had only not had that 1 beer"!!! Not worth it to me......

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
the last place I want to be
while riding is among 200 half drunk mid-life crissis men
on an 800+lb monster bike
with poor handling & crap brakes.
You rode with me and I'd downed three beers...........:mrgreen:

Yes folks I'm a bad boy,I'll drink 2 or 3 beers and ride but before you pass judgement know that I've ridden 40+ years and over 500,000 miles with no reported accidents and no major injuries.
I know my limitations and I'm a lot more carefull now than I was in my misspent youth.
I don't drink to get drunk,those days are long behind me.
:cool:

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,183 Posts
Define "drinking" ...

I had a glass of wine last night - the extent of my "drinking".

Drinking to the point where the room starts spinning ... yea, those days are long past.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'll have to admit I use to wobble home on my crotch rocket after a night at the bars but in two years ive added a wife a stepson a newborn a dog and a house and that won't be happening again. My guardian angel might just trade me in for a newer model if I don't slow down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
must say, i'm a bit surprised to see a full 30% that claim to not drink at all. it certainly doesn't feel like that many abstain.

·
Leg Humps The Snap On Tool Man
1,477 Posts
I drink, sometimes I drink untill the world spins. I never get on the bike if I've been drinking. (more than two beers) I might enjoy A good beer with dinner or lunch but that is the extent of it untill the bike is parked for the night. Then... all bets are off.

I drink good beer. I drink beer to enjoy the taste of it. Many of these are higher content than the yellow swill frat boys and rednecks drown themselves in. Sometimes it catches up with me (about halfway through the third in an hour I may start to feel the buzz. Which is why I moderate. I have been caught off guard and slept in my leathers outside. Still better than saddleing up and risking everything. I know my limits and I know I was lucky in my early twenties.

Around here the busses are free and run after last call. And the only two things you can get arrested for are DUI or being combative. Since I'm not the fighty type and I take the buss I've managed to avoid the couple grand many of my freinds have paid out in legal fees.

NMc

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Sadly, due to the medication I am on, I can no longer enjoy adult beverages.

I have to say, I am very unhappy about this too. I always drank very responsably...even as a youngster. The drinking age was 18 when I started.

Perhaps I should have been more wild, drank more recklessly, maybe I wouldn't miss it as much.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts