Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a stupid question... I was just wondering if there was a double kick available for my recently acquired V-Star 1100 2000

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for my vague discription
... And poor choice of words (it's probably Canadian thing) eh ? ... "my bad" ... What I was chasing is
the availability of a double kickstand ...
for easier cleaning and maintenance....to stabilize the bike while I wrench on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Windshield quandary

Thanks for your comments and direction on the windshield thing... As always any information is appreciated ... And good advice is valuable... I'm liking this fourm more and more every time I log on... Y'all keep the shiny side up ... And your wrist bent.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry for my vague discription
... And poor choice of words (it's probably Canadian thing) eh ? ... "my bad" ... What I was chasing is
the availability of a double kickstand ...
for easier cleaning and maintenance....to stabilize the bike while I wrench on it.
Ah, makes sense. i have seen someone on youtube make a stand out of wood. it was a few 2"x6" boards screwed together aith a 2"x 4" screwed on the end. slide it under and pill on the 2x4. lifts the bike level. I dont think anyone makes a double kick stand for our bikes. ive seen universal ones though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
OR you can build a steady stand / Front wheel chock. I think this is the best idea..

·
Super Moderator
12,157 Posts
Thanks for your comments and direction on the windshield thing...
There was no mention of a windshield in THIS message thread.

I think what you are asking about is a "center stand".
In general, bikes that don't come with one standard are really hard to fit with one.

But don't give up without a fight. There might be one available for that model.
If you haven't checked with a dealer yet that might be a good idea.

A wheel stand might be an option too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There was no mention of a windshield in THIS message thread.

I think what you are asking about is a "center stand".
In general, bikes that don't come with one standard are really hard to fit with one.

But don't give up without a fight. There might be one available for that model.
If you haven't checked with a dealer yet that might be a good idea.

A wheel stand might be an option too.
There are retrofit ones. It is a kickstand you add to both sides, but it has to be cut to proper length. It is also only made for short time use on preferably concrete. For loading and unloading bike. Making it stable for passengers mounting or dismount, or general cleaning. I saw it once somewhere but cant track it down again. I know it doesnt help, but may give some direction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah... What yer talkin' bout sounds similar to what my brother's friend said he saw up in(believe it or not) the Yukon last year... He said it looked homemade.... Maybe I'll break out my little welder and see what I can come up with... What can it hurt....Well besides me ..LOL...anyhow I appreciate all of the input my fellow asphalt cowboys

·
Super Moderator
12,157 Posts
Unless you are an experienced welder, you probably do NOT want to make any welds on the main frame members.
Having one break while going down the road would not be pretty.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are you talking about a center stand? I'm Canadian and have never heard anyone say double kickstand lol

If you're looking for a motorcycle wheel chock, best bang for your buck hands down is the black widow 2 piece motorcycle wheel chock. You can google some reviews. It's like $90. I use mine multiple times per day with different bikes for months now.
its sorta like a centerstand. but more of a kickstand. one off each side. its a longer than normal straight kick stand off each side. so the bike stays upright. they make feet for them, but it is for hard surfaces. it doesnt have the footprint of a center stand. they make straight universal clamp on kick stands (left and right sides) that you cut to length. Slightly shorter so the bike totters (slightly) while unloaded.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts