Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to ask this question concerning Power Commanders. I know it's a topic that has been talked to death. Please be patient with me.

I' ve ordered a PC III USB for 03' GSXR 1000. Initially, after getting the M4 high mounts installed, I didn't think I needed to spend 320.00 dollars on PC to a bike that was already so smooth and reponsive. However, about a month ago, the bike would shut off when down shifting from 2nd to 1st. While holding the clutch in from 6th and clicking down the lever, the bike would shut off between 2nd to 1st.

Anyway, before getting the M4 pipe, the bike ran fine. Which lead me to believe that the bike is running lean with the loss of back pressure.

First question is does this sound like a problem caused by loss of back pressure?

Second question is what fuel map should be used for M4 high mounts?
PC does not provide a downloadable fuel mapping for M4s.

I know there is one other option... get the thing dyno tested and go with a custom mapping, but if I can get it properly tuned without getting it Dyno, that be great.

·
Registered
635 Posts
number one, I dunno why you'd ever put a pcIIIr on an 04 gixxer 1000, it's not like they lack power. I sugest doing what I'm still doing, set up your suspension to the best for your riding style and level. I would like to know why you opted to install the pc. What type of riding do you do, stright line drag, lots of twisties? Help me out and I'll try to help you out. If your bike is backfring during deceleration, you need more fuel, if no map is supplied, the only to get the mapping right is to put it on a dyno.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually try to wait for the weekends to ride on the twisties. As far as getting the PC III unit, I wanted to get the bike turned right to M4 canister.

It happened again last night when I was riding. The bike stalled going from 2nd to 1st 4 times. It's becoming an annoyance.

When I checked the idle speed at a stop light, it was at 900 rpm.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just so you know....the PC wont raise idlle speed, it will just change fuel charge at throttle opening percentages. If I'm not mistaken, you can raise the idle a bit at the throttle bodies, but you have to raise the tank a bit. Its a small thumb screw on the left side. Have you tried Dynojet's website? sometimes people submit custom maps, otherwise Dynojet has all thier maps on a downloadable database.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried Powercommander.com and found numberous settings for Gixxer 1000 but m4 was not listed. And information provided, they recommand going with a pipe that is the closest to yours. I looked up M4 pipe and try to cross reference it with Two-brothers, Ti, Yosh, Micron to decide what would be the best. Then came to another problem. What is a S.E.T valve? some of these pipes eliminate SET valve. Does M4?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I looked all over for downloadable custom maps and didn't find any :oops:

If anyone knows a site please linky

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K found out what a SET valve is. My exhaust system still retains the SET valve because its not a full system.

Best for M4 looks like Micron mapping.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I uploaded the Map file 315-004 to the PC unit which is the Micron slips on for my M4 exhaust.

When I first opened the PC software why did it show -25% throttle?
After uploading the map, it still showed -25% throttle. Does the throttle need to be set at 0%?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts