Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am new in here. Thanks for accepting me.

When i've bought my first ride which is Benelli, i've faced with an issue about gears.

The problem is, i can increase shifts with no problem. Pull the clutch and hold if multiple gear increase, increase the shifts as much as you want.

When i'm downshifting, let's say i am at 6th gear, i can go to 5th with no problems.

-Pull the clutch
-Downshift to 5th gear
-Release the clutch while giving throttle.

But when i want to decrease gear from 5th to 4th. I can't decrease because when i push the lever, it's like "empty or released, relaxed lever".

What i am doing in that case, pull the clutch again, pushing the lever a little bit harder than usual, which causes "crank". Then gear goes down.

By the way, i can't make multiple decrease because of this problem. Everytime, first decrease if perfect but second or another decreases wants to "hit or push harder the lever".

The service told me that there is no problem and i also made my maintenance. By the way, the bike is at apprx. 6000km.

Thanks for your feedback.
Kaan

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
By the way, i can't make multiple decrease because of this problem. Everytime, first decrease if perfect but second or another decreases wants to "hit or push harder the lever".
Well in the first place, except for a panic situation you should NOT be downshifting more than one gear at a time.
Good shifting technique is a habit that you need to develop.......one gear at a time.

Then, what you are describing sounds like your shift lever position needs an adjustment because it might not be returning to the center position after a downshift because of your "normal" foot position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts