Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....on this earth was 4/4/14.

This is copied from the Intruder Alert forum.
It is the only information I could find.....and I have looked a lot.

UPDATE..FRI., 4/4,2014, 4:00PM

It is with much sadness and a sense of great personal loss that I have to notify you
of the passing of Dr. Bob (Bob Henneman). For reasons best known to himself, Bob
chose to take his own life. I became involved in this last evening and it has been a
long and painful 22 hours, but thankfully, we found him and brought this to as early
an end as was possible under the circumstances. This is a sad day...I appreciate
your patience and understanding and am sorry that I can't provide more details, but
out of respect for the family and others that need to be notified it is best that this is
a brief notice just to let his IA friends know the status. BillyJack

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
I am sorry to hear of this, DrBob seemed to be a really nice guy and was willing to help everyone with motorcycle information. He will be missed.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Damn!.....this is a huge loss to the motorcycling community as a whole, a very knowledgeable guy always willing to share.
I'll never understand this sort of thing but RIP Dr. Bob none the less, I hope you found the peace you were looking for and couldn't find in life.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I can't believe it. Bob helped me with my purchase of my new bike. I was looking forward to meeting him someday. It was on my bucket list. I never knew anyone who knew so much about motorcycles. I'll never forget. RIP Bob

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes indeed. Bob will be missed. If you all will indulge me for just a moment: Father God, I lift up Bob's family to you now and they deal with this tragedy. I pray that you keep them close to your heart and comfort them in a way that only You can. Give them comfort and peace during this time. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Thanks. It needed to be said.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Terrible news. What a tragedy.
He was such a very helpful guy. Extremely knowledgeable, a great contributor, probably the best contributor to this forum.
Man it was on my bucket list to see him as well, yes all the way from Australia, I thought it would be cool to ride from the West coast of the US to Georgia and maybe have a beer with Dr Bob.
Not now, not ever.
Farewell mate.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Wow, that is some really crap news. I've had a tremendous amount of respect for Bob, he's helped a lot of people here and he helped me several times too. He will be greatly missed in the motorcycling community.

Farewell Bob, RIP.

-Mike

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Wow what a loss Bob would have been one of the longest members here...RIP Bob...what can you say!...a great guy although I never met him.

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,184 Posts
Four years already? Damn, time picks up speed with every passing year.

·
Super Moderator
12,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another bump.
Now 6 years.
Seems like yesterday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts