Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early in the season I was on my way to work, I gassed the throttle and felt the bike bogging down. I immediately turned around and took my truck to work.
Later I started the bike and took it for a ride in the woods. everything seemed fine till it died (had to push it back).
I thought it might be the coil so I changed it out. It is hard to start. I started it twice today, had to keep it revved up above 2 grand to keep it running. eventually it stalled. was even harder to start after that. did get it running again but same thing. now it starts briefly (with a lot of turning over, revs up to 5 grand and stalls.
I did pull the plug and it looked wet. Noticed it leaking gas by the spring at the idle adjustment.
Purchased bike with low miles, has over 10,000 miles on it now. I did pull the carb and did a cleaning when I got it some years back and put just under 8,000 miles since.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
That looks like it would leak from the float bowl gasket. I suggest you slip the bowl off and check the float isnt sunk and or the float needle is sealing and working properly. I reckon your carb is flooding causing th weep at the joint. This can sometimes be atributed to crud under the float needle and or a float problems. It is also worthwhile cleaning the tank filter and the entire carb.

good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
TvTrader, The petcock on the DR350SE has a vacuum tube to the carburetor.
This system mal-functions. I have used several petcock kits and OEM parts with
no improvement. So I bought a new OEM petcock and only had a few months success and then
the 'new' OEM petcock failed. ( I only use non-ethanol gasoline)
I replaced the vacuum tube and put "wire clamps" on each end to keep the tube from "sucking in air."
This still did not solve the problem that you are experiencing.
The solution, keep your petcock on "PRI."
The problem with this solution is that you will not know when you are low on fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts