194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Goose in the Barn

picked it up last Friday

Dan

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
I like it; one of those "if I hit it big" kind of items.

not even watercooled is it?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Air cooled, with dry clutch....

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Looking good, what are your thoughts so far, was the BMW R1200RT on your short list before you bought, if so I'd be interested in hearing why you went with the Guzzi instead of the BEEMER, the two bikes look to be quite a bit alike, at least on paper, I have ridden a couple of RT's, but only sat on the Norge.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good, what are your thoughts so far, was the BMW R1200RT on your short list before you bought, if so I'd be interested in hearing why you went with the Guzzi instead of the BEEMER, the two bikes look to be quite a bit alike, at least on paper, I have ridden a couple of RT's, but only sat on the Norge.

Can u say finial drive [email protected] 29%....The Goose is easier to work on too...Beside that everbody has a beemer, very few have Moto Guzzi's.. Last but not least there blowing them out for 12,500 right now and since this was a 400 mile demo got another 10% off that....try getting on a new BMW @ that price...

Dan

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice bike and sounds you like a great deal too.
I like the aircooled V-Twin!
Might see ya up in the Gorge sometime,not many of those out there so if ya see a big blue H-D Electra rider waving like a fool,stop and say hey.8)

The name cracks me up though,might be showing my age but all I can think of when I hear Norge is refrigerators.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Can u say finial drive [email protected] 29%....The Goose is easier to work on too...Beside that everbody has a beemer, very few have Moto Guzzi's.. Last but not least there blowing them out for 12,500 right now and since this was a 400 mile demo got another 10% off that....try getting on a new BMW @ that price...

Dan
I understand the price diff, and the fact that there are a lot more BEEMERS on the road, I even kind of understand the easier to work on thing, even though most of us don't do much more than change tires & oil, but I've never heard that BMW is having a lot of trouble with there drive units, there was a batch of "K" bikes that came out that BMW acknowledged were wearing out prematurely (around 60,000 miles), but they have extended the warranty on the drive unit on those bikes to 200,000 miles, and as far as I've heard the problem doesn't extend to the "R" bikes (R bikes are the ones with the air cooled twin & dry clutch like the R 1200 RT & your GOOSE:mrgreen: K bikes have the in line 4's) anyway if you have some information or a link you can shoot my way on the 29% failure thing I sure would appreciate it.

And again in case it didn't come across right the first post :bluethum: nice bike, I really do need to try and score a test ride on one, it would be on my short list if I was in the market for a Sport Touring bike.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
might have the model wrong but I googled "BMW finial drive failure" and got the phone book so to speak...

Thanks for the compliments guys...

Dan

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice bike and sounds you like a great deal too.
I like the aircooled V-Twin!
Might see ya up in the Gorge sometime,not many of those out there so if ya see a big blue H-D Electra rider waving like a fool,stop and say hey.8)

The name cracks me up though,might be showing my age but all I can think of when I hear Norge is refrigerators.:mrgreen:

lets get together sometime and ride to Mount St Helens haven't got up there yet...PM me

dan

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
lets get together sometime and ride to Mount St Helens haven't got up there yet...PM me

dan
Will do,I'm down for a while though.
I need tires and couple other things before I can get back on it.
Been unemployed for 14 months now after 24 years on the same job.:???:
Had surgery in October for nerve damage and just started riding again a while back,was on workman's comp and now I'm reopening an unemployment claim.
The bastards are holding up my claim because I was on comp and they need to verify that I am able go back to work,they have all the info but haven't got to my case yet so I file every week but have yet to get a check.
I haven't seen any money since the end of May.:mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts