Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as a warning, be very careful when selling your motorcycle on eBay. You may receive a bid from an individual named "alldan2929" who is a bike reseller.

In many auctions, he has proven to be honorable and has apparently paid the full price, however in my recent dealing with this individual, he attempted to change the price after the auction ended, and later ended up not buying the bike and not returning my phone calls or emails. He promised to pay my relisting fees but has yet to follow through.

If you enter into a deal with this person, make sure that his buyer is solid otherwise he may back out leaving you with a bill to eBay.

·
Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.
13,226 Posts
Happens many times Joe.

Shill bidding goes on for a variety of reasons on eBay. One reason is to take your bike off the market so he can sell his. Not saying this is the reason, but it happens. Or, it is done to raise the value of your object. Thereby on a completed auction search, it shows a high value for your completed auction which then justifies asking higher buy it now prices by your competition and what not.

Other shilling is "ghost bidding". The owner of the item doesn't like the way the auction is going so they bid you up through another account or a friend.

Either way it can be a Federal offense, but it's extremely tough to prove.

Again. Not saying any of this happened, but it does happen every day. So protect yourself as best as you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts