Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was removing the primary drive gear from my Yamaha DT125 and accidentally snapped this stud bit off the engine casing. I wondered whether anyone had any advice on how to fix this? Is it even critical or can I just leave it snapped off?

The circled bit in the image is the bit I snapped off.

Many thanks for your help,
Edwin

Attachments

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
I notice a small punch mark on the drive gear and wonder if this is a line up for some timing and the bit you broke off is the other mark. Alternativly check the outer cover to see if it lines up with something on the inside of it. It may also just be a device for locking the gear while you undo the nut. A site with an exploded view of that case may shed some light on it.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice a small punch mark on the drive gear and wonder if this is a line up for some timing and the bit you broke off is the other mark. Alternativly check the outer cover to see if it lines up with something on the inside of it. It may also just be a device for locking the gear while you undo the nut. A site with an exploded view of that case may shed some light on it.

Good luck
Thanks Aussie Steve, help much appreciated. Anyone else any ideas about the raised boss by primary drive gear snapping off?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts