Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I have Gsx s1000fa was coming home from work doing around 30mph when all of sudden the bike felt like the rear brake was dragging so decided to pull over . I pulled in the clutch lever and the bike practically stopped dead nothing wrong with rear brake.
Any possible ideas
Thanks Donald

·
Super Moderator
12,351 Posts
Not nearly enough information to even make a guess.

IF.....something was dragging with the clutch pulled IN, that should eliminate a lot of possible causes.
Are you really saying that the engine runs fine with the clutch pulled IN......or in Neutral ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I pulled the clutch lever in it felt like I had dropped down to first gear from 6th and the engine was slowing me down rapidly that the bike nearly stalled.
After stopping I switched the bike off couldn't find any issues oil correct brakes okay so turned ignition on no faults started bike no issues or funny noises, into gear normal pulled away and up and down gear box normal finished journe with no problems

·
Super Moderator
12,351 Posts
When I pulled the clutch lever in it felt like I had dropped down to first gear from 6th and the engine was slowing me down rapidly that the bike nearly stalled.
This makes NO sense.

With the clutch pulled IN, the engine would NOT be slowing you down......unless the clutch (cable) failed, which apparently is NOT the case.

What I suspect is happening here is that your engine stopped running.
Probably the most common cause of that happening intermittently is the sidestand safety switch.
Also could be the kill switch or other electrical problems, like a shorted battery or loose battery cable.

AND.....there may be two problems at work here.
In addition to trying to find out what caused the engine to quit, you need to check the wheels for free rotation.
It sure sounds like a brake or bearing is "tight".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts