Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on something I'm unclear of. I have some deep scratches on my 2006 Boulevard M50 and I found a great deal on used replacements. They're stock pipes, but the seller isn't sure what bike they came off of. The engraving says they're for a SUZ6VL0800 and also shows the number 841F68. I tried to research them online and found that the VL800 is for the Intruder Volusia, but are these pipes compatible with my Boulevard M50? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and ride safe!

·
Super Moderator
12,410 Posts
What markings are on the pipes that are on your bike NOW ??

A visit to your nearest Suzuki dealer might get you the answer you need.

Personally.......unless the scratches rise to the level of dents......I would just rub them out with steel wool and keep it polished.
That is assuming that they are stock pipes and are otherwise in good condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a total bonehead! The pipes I have now also read 'VL0800'. They're the same pipes. Sorry to waste your time, but I do appreciate your response and your suggestions for cleaning my scratches up. While we're on the subject, the scratches are fairly deep. After smoothing them down a little with the steel wool, would you recommend hitting just the trouble spots with high temp chrome spray paint? Anyone ever use that and like the results? Thanks again, Easy!

·
Super Moderator
12,410 Posts
I'm a total bonehead! After smoothing them down a little with the steel wool, would you recommend hitting just the trouble spots with high temp chrome spray paint? Anyone ever use that and like the results?
NO. It will look worse than the scratches. And it won't stick to the undamaged chrome very good either.

IF....the scratches have any burrs or rough edges, those need to be removed with 1000 grit sandpaper (gently) before using the steel wool.
After that, if you MUST, paint on exhaust paint with a tiny brush so that it just fills the scratch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts