Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,463 Posts
He asked if anyone has a laser temp gauge,can you please take temps?

Doesn't need to be "practical",
Well, apparently the answer to the original questions is...............(sound of crickets chirping).

But just for the record, HOW you take the measurement can make a BIG difference in the results. Trying to measure the "exhaust" as he originally stated it, to me means the exhaust gasses, which isn't what the meters are designed for. Trying to measure the inside of a pipe with hot gas flowing through it is equally as impractical or maybe even worse.

Without "being practical", what's the point of asking in the first place ????
I can think of a LOT more interesting things to discuss if we are just wasting time.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The results do not matter.That is for him to decide what to make of them or do what he wants with them regardless of if they make sense to anyone else.
He simply asked for readings.

The only time your wasting is reading the original post.If you can't help,then just leave it alone and move on right?

If you have more interesting things to talk about,lets bust em out!
how bout that oil spill....where's lebron going?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Did I miss the notification where you were appointed head moderator and given the authority to tell all the rest of us what to do ??? :fight1:
yeah ya did,research and post some counterpoint to whatever it says...

And I think lebron is going buh-buy....I hear new york,we'll see ton.

·
Registered
729 Posts
And I think you ASSume too much.

EVERY forum, regardless of the subject and irrespective of the membership, has that happen.

The reasons are many and vaired.
I guess you know who I had in mind. Being an ASSuming person does not make you correct, or does it?

·
Super Moderator
13,463 Posts
I guess you know who I had in mind. Being an ASSuming person does not make you correct, or does it?
No need to explain; I understand your narrow perspective.

Ironically, if you are right, then the message you posted contributes to the problem instead of making it any better.

It takes TWO (at least) to have an arguement.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think you have hit on the reason some members post rarely and some have left the site completely never to return.
:plus1::plus1:
EasyRider, you must thrive on conflict.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sorry Burn, I don't have a guage. Wish I could help.

As for some others here, stop starting conflicts for nothing. If you don't have measurements for Burn, just forget it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok - my upper pipe is 76F, and the lower one is 76F. :whistle:

But - The bikes been parked for two days:fight2:

Seriously though - I'm out of the country - When I get home Thursday I'm going for a ride and I'll post some temps for you - do you want at idle, or after riding for a bit, or a spectrum?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ok - my upper pipe is 76F, and the lower one is 76F. :whistle:

But - The bikes been parked for two days:fight2:

Seriously though - I'm out of the country - When I get home Thursday I'm going for a ride and I'll post some temps for you - do you want at idle, or after riding for a bit, or a spectrum?
Hip Hip Hooray for useful information! Finally!:lol4:

21 - 40 of 54 Posts