Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Leg Humps The Snap On Tool Man
1,477 Posts
So just querious CS what temps did you find on your bike and at what conditions?
NMc

·
1,477 Posts
Latin probably. Sorry for the spelling guys. I couldn't wrap my head around curious yesterday. NMc

·
Registered
231 Posts
Made sense to me. I thought it was a pretty ingenious way to combine query with curious, like questionably curious. :bluethum:

·
1,477 Posts
My ancient history professor would tell us that all three words come from the same root word and that it's probably latin derived and could walk us through the steps of the consonant shift from Indo-European. Just like Ma & Pa created Mother & Father, Mahter & Pahter, Mommy & Papa etc. etc. NMc

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
oh snot, now I remember we have a high temp point and shoot pyrometer at work.

Will have to check the muffler temp one of these days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
temp of exhaust manifold

If anyone has a Laser temperature gauge ...Can you do me a favor ,and take the temps of your exhaust please?
As it comes out of the pipes I'd like you to shoot just inside the pipes.
Thanks!
CS
has anyone measured the exhaust manifold temp or the exhaust pipe near the head using a infared temp gauge. I measured the temp of the exhaust pipe near the head. one cylinder shows 180 degrees and the other shows 400 degrees. If I run the bike down the road, the one cylinder is 380 and the other is 700.
what goes... I tried to make the hot cylinder more rich in fuel and it helped a little.. what do you know boys??

·
Super Moderator
13,463 Posts
I tried to make the hot cylinder more rich in fuel and it helped a little.. what do you know boys??
You are working on the wrong SIDE.
It is the COLD side where the problem is.
Likely it is not firing at all at idle and not much when going faster.
Probably not getting enoug fuel to that side, maybe because the carb is all gummed up.

A double shot of Gumout or Berrymans B12 might do wonders.......maybe plugs too.
But you really should check for spark on that side; there might not BE any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks alot ,, I'm always looking in the wrong place..... wish I knew more about my

thanks for the timely response..... and the good suggestion. Its a honda 350 1969 CB

You are working on the wrong SIDE.
It is the COLD side where the problem is.
Likely it is not firing at all at idle and not much when going faster.
Probably not getting enoug fuel to that side, maybe because the carb is all gummed up.

A double shot of Gumout or Berrymans B12 might do wonders.......maybe plugs too.
But you really should check for spark on that side; there might not BE any.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, you seem to be the only reply that has stat's! I have a 86 Gold Wing gifted to me for a sidecar setup. I need the 3rd wheel…...and was prepping it for the road. I've only tooled around the local area so I was checking the bots and nuts and found a "patch job done with a ductwork sealer?" done to the exhaust pipe joints at the mufflers and most of it was cracked and fell out with little probing. I attempted a "quick fix" with JB Weld. Question is will it work for a few months of riding? I don't want to and can't afford to and physically can't fix it right until this winter!

·
Super Moderator
13,463 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Some friendly hints:
For things like this which don't match exactly with another thread, you should start your own thread; it is a LOT more visible that way.

When referring to "you" in a post, nobody knows who that really is unless you quote part of the previous post that you are talking about.

Then to your question:
Nobody know for sure without being there to see it.
Things like that can be dangerous though, if for instance the muffler comes loose and the front falls down and catches on the pavement. :shock:

If you can be pretty sure that won't happen, then I'd say go for it and see how long it holds.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts