Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what you guys and gals do for eye protection. I have a Vega helmet that has a clear plastic face shield that will swap off with a small bill visor, for that all important cruiser look. 8) On my first ride home from the dealer, I found that the loose lenses in my el-cheapo metal frame glasses vibrated around very badly. I picked up some amber lens Eye-Rider glasses from a bike dealer and these are much better, but still buffet some in the wind. I have a short windshield and I'm wondering if it may be causing turbulence right at my face. I just ordered a pair of Wiley-X SG-1 goggles / glasses and I guess these should withstand just about anything and when strapped on they shouldn't bobble around at all. I don't like the clear plastic face shield on my helmet unless the temperature is low when I ride to work in the morning.

So, what does everybody else do to protect their eyes?

· Registered
29 Posts
I wear wrap around sunglasses. They don't move around at any speed with my visor up. They are also safer (IMHO), as nothing gets between the glasses and your face and also being convex the right shape for strength.

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Just be sure what ever you wear is shatter resistent. Even a small piece of road debris can break glasses and then they end up in your eyes. Makes for a very dangerous and tense situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.