Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got a gs 500 last spring. put 8k on it. rode great all year, till i dropped it rather hard. minor damage to cosmetics, and clutch lever and bike rode again. i've gotta lot of problems with the bike this year, out of storage the bike wouldnt run. had to tear the carbs down and clean them, and now if i go over 6 grand it sputters out and shuts down. still has spark. usually still has fuel. it also does this climbing hills. if i can manage to keep it full throttle it will usually continue to run but its' rough, and feels like a cylinder is kicking in and out tore it down yesterday with my motorcycle guy (dad) and found that theres a diaphram in the petcock that has deteriorated. appears to just be a fuel shut off deal. but it doesn't close all the way, so i dont think its shutting off while i'm riding. also after i get these problems solved i want to breath a little more power into this thing, as i would like to be able to get the front wheel off the ground in 2nd. thinking along the lines of jetting and air filters, if it's made a different sprocket set, things like that. don't wanna bore it out cause i don't have the money to do that. and if i did, i'd buy something fuel injected. i need to find someone who knows alot about these little things. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts