Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 86 Suzuki intruder vs700 I just did the water pump didn't do the thermostat cause it was in proper working order!Temp Light was coming in so I checked the pump seems to be working fine! But not sure about the fan?? How long should it take the fan to come on???

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Depends upon the temp...as you are probably aware. I would check the fan relay to see if it is blown then run 12VDC direct to the fan to see if it works. The thermostat is the control device so be sure that it is OK as you say.

·
Super Moderator
13,160 Posts
didn't do the thermostat cause it was in proper working order!
How do you know that ?
What about the pressure cap ?
There could be an air bubble in the radiator loop or low coolant level.
Is it safe to assume that you check the actual radiator and not just the overflow bottle ??

On some bikes, the fan seldom comes on at all; on others it runs off and on pretty much all summer.
If the temp light is coming on but the fan is NOT, then it's very likely that you have a fan problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you know that ?
What about the pressure cap ?
There could be an air bubble in the radiator loop or low coolant level.
Is it safe to assume that you check the actual radiator and not just the overflow bottle ??

On some bikes, the fan seldom comes on at all; on others it runs off and on pretty much all summer.
If the temp light is coming on but the fan is NOT, then it's very likely that you have a fan problem

·
Super Moderator
13,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
When you hit the "reply" button, it automatically quotes the previous post.......
and you add your reply at the bottom.
Might want to try again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts