Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the upgrade bug has hit me again and im thinking of picking up a new fat bob. anything specific about them i should know before going and renting one for a day or 2?

thanks

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Nothing special- like all the bikes on the Dyna platform, it is well mannered and user-friendly, well built and well finished. Great ride.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love it. Probably Harley's best bike, considering its light weight, forward controls and great, new engine and transmission. I recently got a used DWG, for a great price, which I do love, but I'd like to have invested in a new Fatbob.

The thing about the Dynas, their light weight, with the Big Twin.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
pulled the trigger on my fat bob tonight. gotta wait till saturday to pick it up so they can swap from forward to mid controls.

here's hoping the weather channel's forecast is right for once.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Good for you, that was an alternative choice for me. I wanted to rent one but our local dealer doesn't sponser that program. Plus they have a bad reputation in this town. Suzuki offered me big money for the Burgman that I'm sure HD wouldn't have matched.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just got back from a nice afternoon ride (stockton to monterey). didnt have to fill up ( bonus point). doing 70 in 4th and still 2 gears to go :bluethum:. big [email protected]$4 eating grin on my face. it didnt even notice going over the hills. and its got to be the most stable thing i've ever ridden.

gunna need a small windshield (but even without one it wasnt too bad at 80), new grips, some pullback risers. and figure out how to get the kickstand to be a little easier to put down. its tucked up in there tight. other than those minor gripes i couldnt be happier.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
just got back from a nice afternoon ride (stockton to monterey). didnt have to fill up ( bonus point). doing 70 in 4th and still 2 gears to go :bluethum:. big [email protected]$4 eating grin on my face. it didnt even notice going over the hills. and its got to be the most stable thing i've ever ridden.

gunna need a small windshield (but even without one it wasnt too bad at 80), new grips, some pullback risers. and figure out how to get the kickstand to be a little easier to put down. its tucked up in there tight. other than those minor gripes i couldnt be happier.
Congrats,now go brush the bugs outta yer teeth.:mrgreen:
You'll get used to the jiffy stand after a while, oh and get some pics up 'eh.
There is a gizmo for making the stand easier to reach too.
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ53986

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 49 Posts