Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a project bike to share with my son, Front cylinder does not fire. Has 120 PSI Compression, fed fuel direct through carb, and it has spark at the plug. Timing looks right the rear cylinder runs fine and as I understand it there is only one timing device for the CDI modal so if the rear cylinder is timed so should the front. Timing light works fine on rear cylinder and I can clearly see the marks at 8 deg. The front is strange I can only get the light to work if I put the light pickup backwards. however when I do I get decent signal.I thought I would put out a feeler for some experienced advice. One further question when looking for an issue in the electrical I noticed reference to a "throttle switch" I have the plug for it but nothing plugged in to it. Am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
It might help to know what model of bike this is !!
Have you connected the bad cylinder plug wire to a spare plug rested against the frame to see if there really IS a spark there ??

·
Registered
41 Posts
I came to this Forum a few years back when I had issues with my 03 Yamaha V-star 1100 classic. I found out pretty quick, to get help, you should try to be as specific as possible with the problem your having with the bike your working on. Many of these guys, as it turns out, have years of experience if not professional mechanics. Be as detailed as you can about the machine you're working on and what you have done so far, otherwise our questions just sound like a text version of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on first" routine. Remember, the guys that respond can't see it, can't touch it or hear it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts