Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I was working on my 06 m50 and took the tip-over sensor and the computer loose from there brackets afterward the bike won't start. The codes I pulled are showing a problem with the tipover sensor so I tried the bypass with resistors but still same code. Also shows code for throttle position sensor. The bike ran fine before I monkeyed around with it can anyone give me some insight

·
Super Moderator
12,898 Posts
Make sure that everything is connected back properly and then disconnect the battery for a minute or two.
Might want to give the TO sensor a light tap or two also.

Sometimes you need to remove the power to clear the old codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply easy rider but I didn't unplug the wires I only took loose from mounting bracket. I have checked the connection since finding the issue but still no help. I checked for voltage at connecters am not getting any reading at all

·
Super Moderator
12,898 Posts
Thanks for the reply easy rider but I didn't unplug the wires I only took loose from mounting bracket. I have checked the connection since finding the issue but still no help. I checked for voltage at connecters am not getting any reading at all
SIGH.

You do not have to "unplug" wires for the connection to come loose or become bad due to corrosion.
When you had the TO sensor loose you likely tipped it and triggered a "fall over" situation.
I don't know if it takes any special proceedure to clear that or not. Others may know.

As for the "no voltage" at the connectors, that depends on exactly WHICH connector wires you are looking at and what they do.
If two wires go to a switch that is normally closed, you might not normally see any voltage on either.

Did you try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes ??
You may need a shop manual or wiring diagram to figure this out.

The fact that it happened right after you had things apart probable is NOT just a coincidence.
It is possible that you blew a fuse. Have you checked them ?

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Yup must reset at the ecu for a tip over situation. An indication of this is if the fuel pump does not cycle and/or the meters do not sweep

If you are seeing codes then you need to find out what they are...bike specific forums generally state them...well for Hayabusa's anyway...unplugging the ECU will have no effect.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys sorry I've went so long without a update. I've done some more checking on my problem I'm not getting any voltage reading across the tip over sensor plug so I checked continuity on wires back to the computer and they are good. I checked all fuses and they are good. Could I have damaged computer somehow by not unhooking the battery.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Try jumping the tip over plug to see if it runs. Are you getting any codes?...you will need to locate the dealer plug...on Busa's they are a rubber covered plug with two wires located under the seat. You simply jump the two connections to enter dealer mode to see if any fault codes are being shown at the dash. You will need to know what they mean if one is showing...I got the complete list for my Hayabusa at a specific forum try one for you bike.

It is not a good idea to remove plugs without removing power the only time there could be a problem is if you connect back up with the ignition on...I have disconnected my ECU with the battery connected but without the ignition on with no problem. Needless to say if the motor was running when you disconnected there is a good chance its fried.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts