Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody!

Finally in a couple of weeks I should Attend A3 License (to ride every kind of bike on street without KW/HP limits).

I'm riding a Suzuki SV 650 (2016)

A good way to start on Road Use, with a not so bad Engine power (75 Hp) and a light weight (197Kg) :bluethum:

The only Cons at this moment are the front brake which is not so powerful and the Forks a bit soft (but in a city with a crappy asphalt like Rome :fight2: it could be a Pro), which in a more aggressive ride can bother a little.

By the way I'm already in love with it and I totally suggest it to any newbie and experienced rider which want to have some fun with an easy bike ;)

Somebody else in this Forum own this bike model?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
A very popular learners bike here in Au...comes under the LAMS system...not sure what the acronym stands for...learners something...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A very popular learners bike here in Au...comes under the LAMS system...not sure what the acronym stands for...learners something...
Yeah, here in Italy the "ancestor" of this bike was quite popular, like I said this bike is perfect for learners. I don't know LAMS acronym, maybe is the system which this bike has to help on starts to not make engine go off :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
The LAMS stands for Leaner Approved Motorcycle Scheme, The bikes are limited to a power/weight ratio not exceeding 150 kW/t and a maximum of 660cc, although I have heard the Harley 883 fits the requirements as do some of the Ducati Monsters.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The LAMS stands for Leaner Approved Motorcycle Scheme, The bikes are limited to a power/weight ratio not exceeding 150 kW/t and a maximum of 660cc, although I have heard the Harley 883 fits the requirements as do some of the Ducati Monsters.
Interesting, every day is a school day ;)

How can 883 and new Ducati Monster fit in a maximum of 660cc? :huh:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Dunno...its government regs, since when did they need to be consistent? lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts