Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a "fasteners" supply house within 15 miles of my house. Supply of SS metric bolts that I have used on all my mods has not been a problem. The last ones I needed were #6 X 25 cm (approx 1") and had a cap head (allen socket) I was charged $ .40 each for them. If anyone is interested, I will see if they have a web site and if they are interested in small qty mail order business.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I have a "fasteners" supply house within 15 miles of my house. Supply of SS metric bolts that I have used on all my mods has not been a problem. The last ones I needed were #6 X 25 cm (approx 1") and had a cap head (allen socket) I was charged $ .40 each for them. If anyone is interested, I will see if they have a web site and if they are interested in small qty mail order business.
Here are the St. St. Socket Head sizes that we need:

4 each M6 (6mm) x 20mm (3/4") Long
or
4 each 1/4" x 3/4" long
Either will work for mounting lamps onto bracket.
(1" are actually too long)

2 each M8 (8mm) x 20mm (3/4") Long
For attaching bracket onto tripple tree using M8 threaded holes

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here are the St. St. Socket Head sizes that we need:

4 each M6 (6mm) x 20mm (3/4") Long
or
4 each 1/4" x 3/4" long
Either will work for mounting lamps onto bracket.
(1" are actually too long)

2 each M8 (8mm) x 20mm (3/4") Long
For attaching bracket onto tripple tree using M8 threaded holes

Do you want quote to cover the 10 units you were talking about fabricating, or just the 6 total per lite bar ?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Do you want quote to cover the 10 units you were talking about fabricating, or just the 6 total per lite bar ?
I will PM you with the details.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
OK, guys, it looks like, with SKTR's help, I may be able to through in all the fasteners for just a few bucks more (BTW, these will go in at bare cost to me). I am having him send me one set, so that I can verify size, type, and quality, before I offer them in the package. As soon as I get the pricing and parts from him I will put out a final price, again, based on lots of 10.

The fastener kit would include the following (All St. St.):

2ea. M8-1.25 x 20mm Socket Head Bolts
2ea. M8 Spring Washers
4ea. M6-std pitch x 20mm Socket Head bolts
4ea. Lock Nuts
4ea. Fender Washers

As I said, these will be added at bare cost to me, so, if I have to bump the price, it should only add a few bucks.

The price, right now is $80 plus shipping, and I would like to keep it there. If I do have to bump the price, I hope to still keep it no higher than $85 plus shipping. That still keeps the cost of the entire system at $115, and a lot nicer looking that the big light bars for $250 and up.

Please stand by............
ONB

·
Registered
73 Posts
So to get this straight, you are selling the light bar with fasteners for about $80 and the complete package with lights for about $115?

What watt lights?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So to get this straight, you are selling the light bar with fasteners for about $80 and the complete package with lights for about $115?

What watt lights?
No, I would only be supplying the bracket and most likely the fasteners.

You would have to purchase the lights yourself. They are addressed earlier in this thread, as Pilot NV-501W Driving Lights, which can be found at Pep Boys, and probably other places, for $29 and change.

The data with the light kit states that they are 15 amp, and they come with a switch, 15 fuse, and fuse holder, so you can wire up separately if you wish. I believe that the circuit in the headlight bucket is 10 amp fused, but I will verify this in my service manual.

I have had no problem so far and have ridden several hundred miles since installing.

Hope this clears it up.........

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
21 - 29 of 29 Posts