Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my bike about 2 months ago, and have finally figured out how to post pics.

I have not gotten to ride as much as I would like, but I do have right at 650 miles on so far.

Still pretty basic, but Here she is................

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Hey that bike looks just like mine!

Minus the tank warning sticker, windshield, female retention device and luggage rack.

Other than that....they're identical.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hey that bike looks just like mine!

Minus the tank warning sticker, windshield, female retention device and luggage rack.

Other than that....they're identical.
Same here....and the big black fender....

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now regarding the "FEMALE RETENTION DEVICE", that is actually a "LUGGAGE STABILIZER".

I know........ I know........ I know........, it is extremely hard to tell the difference, because it is so subtle.

The very subtle difference is as follows:

...1) This one does not retain a female at all.
...2) This one stabilizes luggage.

There you have it, that is the difference.

Anyway, all jokes aside, I bought it specifically for luggage retention.
I do not plan on any passengers for a long while, until I get very proficient with the bike.

BTW, I just took my Motorcycle Safety Course last week, and that was a great experience. I, now, have a few things to practice out in that empty parking lot.

As far as the windshield is concerned, I started out with the HOT SHOT, but I wear a half helmet, and at 6'-1" tall, and rather long in the torso it was too short.

After my Safety Course, I ordered a full face helmet, and may go back to the Hot Shot. It does look better on the bike.

Other Mods to come:

...LED integrated tail light
...Brighter Headlight
...Home made Light Bar (per thread in this forum, very cool)
...Brighter Turn Signals
...Seat Mod
...Air Intake
...Fuel Controller
...Pipes

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sharp ride!

What did you go with as far as saddlebags? I see the posts for Easy Brackets...

Good luck with the scoot...how's the weather over in 'Cuse? It's been hot and humid here in Capitaland so far this week, but heavy T-storms rolled through and with it should come cooler weather.

Keep 'er upright!

·
Registered
47 Posts
That anoying sticker was the first thing to be removed when i got home!

If you want to remove them stickers on your tank and fender without hurting your clearcoat, try buying an eraser (basically a large eraser on a shaft) and put it in a drill and away you go! It works on all clearcoated surfaces (cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc). Just keep the rpms down when removing stickers on plastic. Or have a body shop do it, might cost a whole 5 bucks or so. There are also sticker remover liquids but im not sure how well they work.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok..... Ok.....ok.....

I WILL GET RID OF THE STICKER ALLREADY :)

The Big Shot really keeps the buffeting down. It is not so much different than the Pop Top, but it adds just enough protection for me in my half helmet, but with the full face helmet it may work fine.

Anyway, I went with RIVER ROAD STUDDED XL SLANTS, but I will not know if they will fit until the get here. They are very big bags.

Yes I did go with easy brackets, and, as I said above, with that and the spaced out backrest, the bags will clear the stock turn signals.

Here in the Cuse, they were threatening T-Storms as well so no ride today. None tomorrow either. Hopefully on Friday, and maybe a long fun ride on the weekend with some friends.

I really want to get to 1000 mi so I can get through the first service, and get past the brake in period. I am at 650 and, if I could ride to work every day, I could put on 150 a week. SOON, SOON, SOON,

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NICE! glad to see pics of what you've done. NICE!

AND Thank God your gonna get rid of that sticker!! :bluethum:
As mentioned elsewhere, the warning sticker is now gone.

Can I come back in the house now?

·
Registered
246 Posts
River Road Xl Slants

You should love the bags Roger, I managed to put them on my 03 800 Marauder. I had to add quite a few lacing holes in the over-fender straps to get clearance over pipes and moved the turn signals from fender stalks to luggage rack. The photo is prior to moving the lite stalks. Also added adhesive metallic tape to the bottom of the bag over the pipes for a heat deflector. Tons of room in the rascals, my son put a pair of chest waders in one side of his bags. (same bags)

Anyway, I went with RIVER ROAD STUDDED XL SLANTS, but I will not know if they will fit until the get here. They are very big bags.

·
Registered
121 Posts
(Could he be calling a "woman", a "luggage"??? :huh:)
"Luggage" sometimes referred to as "baggage":roll: Anyway after installing the RETENTION DEVICE, you don't want to lose any luggage or baggage it was meant to secure, even if you have a sidecar :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You should love the bags Roger, I managed to put them on my 03 800 Marauder. I had to add quite a few lacing holes in the over-fender straps to get clearance over pipes and moved the turn signals from fender stalks to luggage rack. The photo is prior to moving the lite stalks. Also added adhesive metallic tape to the bottom of the bag over the pipes for a heat deflector. Tons of room in the rascals, my son put a pair of chest waders in one side of his bags. (same bags)
I really like the looks of these bags on the M50.

I do not have the bags mounted yet, but I am using Easy Brackets, and they actually kick the bags out far enough to clear the rear turn signals. I can put them back to the limit of front edge of the Easy Bracket and not have to alter the turn signals.

One thing that I was concerned about was the lid not setting down tight, especially on the front flap. There was only one piece of velcro in the center of the main side section, and none on either end. I took the bags to a shoe repair shop and had them sow velcro all around the three sides. They are a bit harder to open but they do seal closed pretty well.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I do not have the bags mounted yet, but I am using Easy Brackets, and they actually kick the bags out far enough to clear the rear turn signals. I can put them back to the limit of front edge of the Easy Bracket and not have to alter the turn signals.
One thing that I was concerned about was the lid not setting down tight, especially on the front flap. There was only one piece of velcro in the center of the main side section, and none on either end. I took the bags to a shoe repair shop and had them sow velcro all around the three sides. They are a bit harder to open but they do seal closed pretty well.
Good Job ! Great choice on the 'Easy Brackets' for the fit apparently and a 'Thinking mans' MOD on the added velcro. Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good Job ! Great choice on the 'Easy Brackets' for the fit apparently and a 'Thinking mans' MOD on the added velcro. Enjoy and ride safe.
Hay SKTR,

These bags are synthetic leather, so I am wondering if you put any kind of protectant on your bags?

If so what did you use?

Thanks
ONB

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
I know, old thread, but that color is awesome! I really like the blue M50's. And you managed to take pictures without junk in the background. Good job!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts