Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guess this isnt my first post but haven't made a newbie post yet so here goes. Bought a 2007 M50 with 4800 miles on it. The bike was pretty much all stock except for some crash bars I guess you'd call them that had highway pegs attached. A cheapo cruise control, a plain memphis shades windshield and a gel battery. Since owning the bike mods go as follows. Removed : Reflectors, passenger pegs/seat, highway pegs, windshield, debadged. Homemade depair, Helmet lock. Added: Purple Hid, Blacklight underglow, vertical plate mount, different taillight, Edelbrock pro flo mesh air cleaner, Tool bag above headlight, Black 12" Zbars, Black spike grips, 1 blade style mirror, 3inch drop bones(still waiting to arrive), Paracord Get back whip, silver dollar to cover passenger seat bolt hole, 7 inch sheathed buck knife attached on a frame cover. Modded stock parts: Bobbed and lowerd rear fender, Cut 4" off stock pipes and completely gutted, unhooked low beam/daytime running light, cut "balls" off clutch and brake levers, air box cut to except Edelbrock air cleaner, Lower the front(still waiting on drop bones).Things im currently in the process of doing is tint the taillight, drop front and rear, finish a little cutting on the rear fender, ghost flame tank and possibly rear fender, add a tank bra and add foot pegs and forward conttrols. A little info on the bars, air cleaner and fender. The risers had to be slightly notched to accept the bars where they go from 1 to 1 1/4"(my mistake on measuring the mounting width) the bars fit just fine by rerouting the stock cables/wiring. Only thing tight is the brake line when your not sitting on the bike which will be fixed by lowering the front. The air cleaner I modded the same way I saw on a thread here by using a restrictor plate. The fender I preety much just cut to the same shape as the liner/support underneath and drilled holes 1 1/4"s higher to rotate it down.
Random Pics before any major mods

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A little update. Finally had time to get my 3in drop on! I installed the new bones and dropped the front 1" this past weeked and it went on pretty smooth although the bolts were VERY tight. It sits just a hair lower than 4" as I had a 2x4 out for support and found out it wedges pretty hard under the frame when you lower it off the jack. Took around 4 hours to complete considering a couple buddies that stopped by, having a couple cold ones and the usual rate I work on Saturday. But I am very satisfied with how it looks and flows with the rest of my mods especially the rear fender. (No more gap!) Only problem I had was the rear taillight knocks on the rear fender strut when you hit a bad bump. Which would be expected the way its mounted. I did tighten my shock to the highest setting and that helped a bit. I'm about 325 so also helps me not worry about bottoming out. I would definitely recommend lowering to anyone although 3" with the front drop is pretty extreme. I scraped leaving the drive on a test run. Made me chuckle pretty good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! Yes I've done quite a bit of work to it. Definitely been fun and I'm enjoying the bike even more. I've had alotta people compliment it. Also yeah that would be a more accurate measurment. I haven't actually gone and measured how low it is but its low!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Then I decided to make some changes. Did a little riding really late December 2015. For Nebraska is amazing. Have just past my first 10,000 on her before i parked it and. Started tearing it down. Over the last few months progress are as follows, New rear fender (northern tool trailer fender, custom mounts),Fender braces from some flat steel, chrome S oil cap, chrome S brake master cylinder cover which wast the wrong one and ended up getting fitted into my air cleaner, New superbrightleds LED headlight (utilized stock headlight mount base), diamond plate filler plate over the battery tray, Larosa Designs 16" bobber seat (all custom mounts), re-did my blacklight accent lighting a little cleaner. Painted the speedo cover and tank trim gloss black, Soon to be getting a red Boat flake paint job (waiting to hear back that some test panels are ready for me to look at, have some black fiberglass pipe wrap on the way. Still making decision weather I want to go with the low pro side covers from Blue Collar. 78 bucks is awful steep for some pieces of sheet metal. Also looking at a Model A taillight. Bike has definately come a long way.
December Ride

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Harley-esk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.