1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Anyone own v65 magna and 3rd magna?
I just need your thoughts!
I found a v65 magna 1985 29000km(not miles) selling it to me for $2300 . He actually posted this for 3k but agrees for 2300.
The bike has been update into excellent condition , brake systems,tires,battery,all fluids, for seal, cabs.cleaning, etc.

An i found a v45 1997 magna 47000km
Selling to me for $2800.
Good condition as it has new tires and aftermarket exhaust.

And also found a Yamaha maxim x 750 Canadian model 29km selling it for 2900 including safety

Im looking only about 3k to spend?
Preference: better in the highway or expressway,for 2 up incase, power and handling stability, and availability of parts and reliability.

·
Super Moderator
12,966 Posts
Anything made before 1990 or so likely will be REAL hard to find parts for.
Also hard to find a shop that will even touch them sometimes.

Any bike over 20 years old will be somewhat of a gamble.
Too many modifications to things like intake and exhaust often is NOT a good sign.

Test ride each and make up your own mind.

Is this your first ride ? If so, your expectations are a bit unrealistic.
NONE of those bikes listed are good for a first ride.

And if the prices quoted are in US dollars, they are a bit high I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay great! Thanks for the info specially for the intake mods! Its the yamaha that has the intake mods
But the v65 are original
And v45 except the exhaust which also i don't really prefer because it's louder?

No its not my second bike? I do now own a Honda shadow early 2000's but comparing the performance of my shadow from those bikes is not even close.
It just i didn't have enough info. About the older bikes
I want to upgrade my bike into later 2000's
But my budget is very thight plus if i upgrade
It will be the same performance unless ill go sports tourer or 1300 cc/1800cc cruiser and my insurance this option will be come higher as i live next of city of Toronto Canada

·
Super Moderator
12,966 Posts
OK since you didn't say, I assume the prices quoted are in Can. dollars.
If so they aren't bad but you should be able to get something a lot newer for that money.

Look for a cruiser in the 900 to 1100 cc range, about mid to late 2000s models; 10 to 15 years old.
I am partial to the Kaw Vulcan 900. But the Yam Vstar 950 is good too.....but it's air cooled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts