Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got an ‘08 M50 and I was wondering if anyone has come across any info on the fuel reserve built into the fuel tank(?). I’ve searched the service manual and it lists a reserv. How does it work? Does a fuel warning light come on?

·
Super Moderator
12,761 Posts
Does a fuel warning light come on?
I would assume so.

When you turn on the ignition switch but do NOT start it, does one of the warning lights that lites up to test look like it might be a low fuel warning ?

You managed to find the service manual, if you can find an owners manual the answer probably is in there.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The 07M50 had the 5 segment fuel gauge. I used each segment as 5l , the final segment shows 5l then flashes at 3l.

hope that helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 07M50 had the 5 segment fuel gauge. I used each segment as 5l , the final segment shows 5l then flashes at 3l.

hope that helps

hope that helps
Thanks for the information. I’ll have to run it down lower and see what happens. I haven’t found an owners manual yet to find out the little secrets this bike has

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an '08. I am pretty sure that 'reserve' they mention is just the approximate amount remaining when the gauge starts flashing. I think I even read that somewhere. There's no separate storage or any valve to turn or anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replie, I was on my first long trip with it through the rockies and I wasn’t sure of the range between fueling. I’d read about the reserve and couldn’t find any info on the reserve. I’ll pack along an extra fuel can and run it out when the last bar/reserve light does it’s thing and make a note of distance

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here's what the User Manual says from a 2011 Australian model (US 2013)..........

The tank is 15 liters and I allow about 300klm per fill.
When the last bar starts to flash there's 1.5 liters left, which should equate to about 30klm to empty. The only problem is that I never notice when it actually starts flashing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts