Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, im from venezuela, im about to buy mi first ride i am undecided between c50 or shadow aero, i have riden an shadow aero and i feel comfortable with the size im just 5´7, but i have heard that the c-50 is better my only concern about the c-50 is that seat height is taller than shadow, c50 seat height is 27.6 inch and shadow is 25.9 inch, i haven´t try the c50 boulevard cause here is not easy to find one, i have tried the aero because my uncle have one, thanks, and sorry for my bad english :bluethum:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Your english is good. Both bikes are liquid cooled & have a shaft final drive. The C50 is fuel injected compared to the Shadow's carburetor if that makes a difference to you.

You really need to find a C50 and sit on it to determine if the seat is to high. I don't think that it will be. However you can always lower the rear end if you want.

Custom Lowering bones and forward controls for Volusias and New Boulevard C50

Good luck!

-

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Zulianrider..

Welcome to the forum...I think you will find a lot of good information on here.
Either bike would be a good choice. Try to find a C50 to try on for size and go with the most comfortable bike. I have a C50 and I installed the Suzuki Gell seat on it. This seat is one inch lower than stock and puts you a little closer to the ground. Good luck with your choice of bikes and ride safe.

Twixer,,
Oh,and your English is just fine..:D

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'm 5'-7" and ride a S50 with a seat height of 27.6" and consider it a comfortable height at least for me.

·
Super Moderator
13,153 Posts
Hello everyone, im from venezuela, im about to buy mi first ride i am undecided between c50 or shadow aero,
:welcomes:

Your English is better than some Angalo's !!

Have you considered an M50??
Just from looking at them, it appears to be slightly smaller/lighter than the C......and might be easier to find too.

·
I took the All Bran Challenge
7,753 Posts
:welcomes:

I am 5'7" and am flat footed on the C50 even after adding the Mustang seat, which lifts you up and forward about an inch.

But some of us are longer in the torso, some are longer in the legs.
I also wear a Western Boot which has a taller heel.

So sitting on one is the best option for you.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I am 5' 6" and ride a C50C, and I have found it to be better balanced than my Honda Shadow Spirit 750, and easier to handle curves. I enjoy riding now that I am on the right bike for ME. Now this is not saying it will be the right bike for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, all the comments are very helpful, i just tried this afternoon a c50, and let me tell you is bigger than what i expected, i could say that is much bigger and heavier than shadow aero, what do you think?

·
I took the All Bran Challenge
7,753 Posts
I don't know what the weight difference is.

Were you flat footed on the C50?

One thing we do suggest, if you are where they offer a motorcycle safety course including the use of a Bike, take that course before buying a Bike.
Riding a motorcycle is not for every one.

If a course is not available buy the Bike you feel more comfortable on.
Lots of riders started on smaller bikes like a 250 or 400 cc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I`m 5 ft 6 180lbs. 30 inch inseam and with the stock seat you will be flat footed. The C50 is a great all round ride that you will have no problem mastering and will give you years of riding pleasure. It is also not a bad bike for two up motoring and will give you great gas mileage.

·
Registered
532 Posts
thanks, all the comments are very helpful, i just tried this afternoon a c50, and let me tell you is bigger than what i expected, i could say that is much bigger and heavier than shadow aero, what do you think?
I have a C50, and my wife has a Aero 750. I'm 5' 7", with a 29" inseam. If I had to buy all over again, it would be a tough choice. They both go down the road well. Neither is bad, but I probably give the cornering edge to the C50.

I think the C50 makes a little more power, but mostly because it winds the motor up a little tighter. The C50 motor runs hotter than the Aero's. They both deliver about the same gas mileage. The transmission in the Aero is better; smoother, spaced out better.

I like the floor boards on the C50. I had to get 2" risers for the handle bars to make it comfortable. The Aero fits be well without any mods.

The C50 is heavier, and carries the weight higher. That means it takes more effort to handle the C50 at low speed, or in a parking lot.

Neither is a bad choice; make sure you get a chance to sit on them both. Of course, just about the time you've made a choice, your Yamaha/Star motorcycle dealer will have one of these.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Us short guys gotta stick together

Of course, just about the time you've made a choice, your Yamaha/Star motorcycle dealer will have one of these.
I am 5' 5" with a 28 inch inseam and the M 50 was my choice over the C 50 primarily due to styling. However, I am a huge Honda fan and badly wanted to buy the Honda Shadow. If they would have had fuel injection I would be riding a Honda.

Having to deal with the choke on other bikes turned me into a fuel injection fan. I did need the risers for the M50 handlebars for better reach.

That Yamaha 950 is one sweet looking ride though with an inch lower seat for little guys like me. My height keeps me off of most sport/touring bikes.

What I would really like to have is a Goldwing - the 29.5" inch seat height for that heavy of a bike is too intimidating for me though. This sweet ride though is looking more enticing every day......Victory : 2009 : Touring : Victory Vision Tour Premium : Features

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello everyone, im from venezuela, im about to buy mi first ride i am undecided between c50 or shadow aero, i have riden an shadow aero and i feel comfortable with the size im just 5´7, but i have heard that the c-50 is better my only concern about the c-50 is that seat height is taller than shadow, c50 seat height is 27.6 inch and shadow is 25.9 inch, i haven´t try the c50 boulevard cause here is not easy to find one, i have tried the aero because my uncle have one, thanks, and sorry for my bad english :bluethum:
:welcomes: to the forums! I'm same height as you and my wife is a couple of inches shorter than me. We both ride C50s and love our twins. If this is your first bike, be sure to take proper riding training.

I think both aero and C50 are fine bikes. Fuel injection was the decision making point for me. As well, my wife liked the C50 styling better so we ended with Suzuki.

Good luck and be safe on the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the advice, i took a riding training at the local police department because i am their lawyer, so they allowed me to get training with them, but my concern is about the difference in the handling of a C50, i drive daily my uncle's shadow aero, but havent drive a C50, and its dificult to find one here in my town, my country's goverment have too much restrictions about big bikes, so i need to decide between both bikes and send the money to a cousin in U.S who will buy my bike and wait till it arrives

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I'm not sure that I would go through all that trouble. The bike your riding everyday is a good bike as well. If all things were equal and you could easily go and test ride a C50 locally then I would say purchase the Suzuki. Knowing your situation I would just say stick with the Shadow.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If all things were equal and you could easily go and test ride a C50 locally then I would say purchase the Suzuki. Knowing your situation I would just say stick with the Shadow.
:plus1:

the bottom line is how you like the shadow. If satisfied, go get one, I'd say. Can't go wrong with Shadows. With all the money you'll save, you could buy gear and go for a road trip or two.

Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts